Chapter 4

Covey

Lara-Jean weighed next to nothing. That was all I could think about as I carried her from the car back into our dorm. She had passed out, it was clearly her first time drinking and I felt very guilty leaving her side for even a second.

Placing her on her bed I began taking off her shoes, I considered undressing her and putting her in pajamas but I thought otherwise.

"Sleep tight Princess." I whispered as I tucked her into bed.

"Covey?"

Lara-Jean's eyes were half-closed.

"Yeah?"

"Stay with me." Lara-Jean murmured, her arms gripping my wrist, she dragged me into the bed next to her and I let her. Her eyes shut again as she snuggled right into me.

I stared at her breathing softly beside me and remembered the first time I had seen her, sitting meekly in the corner, locking my eyes with her dark brown ones. The way her braids fell around her face and I loved how her dark skin glowed. She was the most gorgeous girl I had ever set eyes on. But she probably wasn't gay. So there was no chance in hell. There was a part of her I really wanted to get to explore: there was this part of her urging me to protect her but at the same time there was this sense of strength in her.

Shutting my eyes softly I drifted to sleep, snuggled up to Lara-Jean.