Chapter 16

Lara-Jean

Of course Covey hadn't disclosed any details of the date.

It wasn't until we pulled up in her black Jeep at a skating rink that I realized what was going on.

I immediately laughed out loud, earning an amused look from Covey.

"Ice skating. No way."

"Come on, it would be fun princess," Covey said without a beat, reaching over and stroking the side of my face. I turned looking into her deep eyes, a small smile playing on her lips.

"This is a bad idea," I said, smiling as I stared at her.

She shrugged and returned my smile, bigger and brighter.

"Fine." I groaned stepping out of the car, Covey was immediately at my side, her hand interlaced with mine and I found myself smiling shyly. I curled my fingers, basking in the regular warmth that came with Covey.

On entering the skating rink Covey purchased tickets, we placed our bags in the lockers and quickly changed into our skating shoes.

"Come on Princess," Covey said, I could see the excitement in her face as she led me into the rink.

All around me people were skating, they made it look so easy, but I knew once I got into that rink it would be a disaster. Hence, why I stood tentatively at the edge of the rink, wondering if I actually dared going forward.

"Lara-Jeeeeannnnn," Covey whined, "Come onnnnn."

Oh what the heck.

Against my probable better judgement I got into the rink. I took a few steps, it didn't seem that bad. Maybe I could-

I spoke too soon.

I was on my ass in less than a second skidding along the rink, from the corner of my eye I saw Covey darting towards me. It was mesmerizing how she moved, she looked like an angel. A tattooed short haired angel, but nevertheless- an angel.

"Watch out!" someone yelled, turning around I collided straight into the edge of the skating rink.

There were a few moments of dizziness and then I was on my back, spinning on the floor staring up at the ceiling.

"Lara-Jean!"

Covey was immediately at my side, I could see the worry and guilt clear in her eyes. There was a slight ache in my lower back but nothing too painful.

"Oh shit. Princess, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes slowly, waiting for the world to stop spinning then I fixed my eyes on Covey. There were a number of other people giving me concerned looks.

I began laughing, I couldn't help it. I just felt so giddy.

"You got me worried!" Covey yelled, punching my arm playfully.

I pretended to squirm and Covey immediately latched onto my arm, I grinned really big and Covey scoffed. Nevertheless, she seemed amused.

I began to get up, Covey's arms were around me before I lost balance once again, sending us both to the ground. Covey began laughing into my neck and I began giggling, simultaneously squirming at the feel of Covey against my neck.

At this point everyone just ignored us and chose instead to skate around us. Covey's face was above mine, her eyes intense. Then she kissed me. She kissed me like we were the only one there. And I kissed her back like she was the only one there. Right there in the middle of the ice skating rink. My back against the cold floor, literally freezing my ass off, but it was nothing compared to the warmth Covey gave me.

I could hear a few wholf whistles and there were the occasional, "get a room." It only made me smile more.

As we drove back home I was smiling, my fingers intertwined with Covey's. Our first date had been wonderful and I was looking forward to many more with Covey.

At that moment, I heard a light buzzing sound. Reaching into my pocket I brought out my phone.

"Ermm, rude," Covey said, an amused smile tugging on her lips, "we're practically still on the date. The date doesn't end till we're back at school."

I giggled at Covey's mannerisms but it ceased the moment I read the text on my phone.

Arriving at your school tomorrow. Be ready.

-Mum.