Chapter Nineteen: It's Magic

Although Gaius had warned Merlyn against helping Morgana, the young witch couldn't just ignore Morgana's obvious distress, she had to do something even if it was just a little something. Merlyn had taken the time to venture into the woods where she gathered up some fresh flowers of purple, lilac and pink. With the flowers in her hands, Merlyn made her way to Morgana's chambers that sat above the griffin stairwell. As Merlyn climbed her way up the steps and made her way past the giant griffin statue that dominated the stairwell, her eyes caught sight of Arthur walking passed a nearby hallway. Upon seeing the prince Merlyn immediately hid the flowers behind her on instinct. She was so used to hiding things from him due to her magic. However, it seemed Arthur was getting used to spotting Merlyn's weird actions for the prince halted in his actions and turned back around to face Merlyn.

"Ah, Merlyn ... What are you hiding behind your back?" Arthur asked as he closed the space between them.

"Nothing" Merlyn immediately said as she tucked the flowers in her belt that lay around her waist, freeing her hands. With an innocent smile, Merlyn lifted both her hands out for Arthur to see. "See?"

"What are you up to?" Arthur questioned as he began circling her, knowing she was hiding something behind her back. Immediately, Merlyn began moving so that Arthur couldn't see her back.

"What, nothing, honestly" Merlyn replied, scoffing at his assumption. "Arthur, I would never lie to you. I respect you far too much for that."

"Right..." Now Arthur knew something was up. Merlyn would never say she respected him. What was she hiding? She had something behind her back and Arthur wanted to know what. And he had the perfect plan to find out what. The prince's head slowly turned around to scan the Griffin corridor only to find that it was indeed empty and that Merlyn and himself were the only occupants. With that knowledge Arthur closed the gap between himself and Merlyn. His hand immediately cupped her cheek and tilted her head back whilst his other hand held tightly to her hip. Merlyn only had time to gasp before Arthur's lips descended upon her own. A surprised moan slipped passed Merlyn's lips upon contact; Arthur felt himself smile at her reaction. Their lips moved together in soft, fluid movements. For a moment Arthur got completely lost in her lips, forgetting about his plan especially as Merlyn's hands slid to his hips and held him closer.

As one kiss began two Arthur's hand slipped into Merlyn's soft locks of hair whilst his other began to sneak around her waist to its intended destination. Arthur slowly separated their lips as his fingers latched around a bundled of what felt like flowers that had been tucked into Merlyn's belt. Even though Arthur had what he wanted, his eyes were still attached to Merlyn's slightly parted, swollen lips. He was definitely getting used to kissing her, and he was not complaining one bit.

Remembering what was in his hand, Arthur brought the flowers out from behind Merlyn's back and showed her them with a smirk. Merlyn looked at the flowers that were now between them. Her jaw dropped as she realised what Arthur had done.

"That's cheating" Merlyn grumbled as she snatched the flowers back, jutting her bottom lip out in annoyance. Arthur could only laugh as he rested his hand from in her hair to her neck where he rubbed his thumb gently against the soft skin.

"Who are the flowers for?" he asked, a hint of jealousy creeping up on him. Merlyn usually didn't give flowers to people ... but she had received them before. "Who are they off?" It was Merlyn's turn to smirk as she lifted herself onto her toes and gently pressed her lips to Arthur's before pulling back and walking out of his embrace. "You didn't answer my questions!"

Merlyn laughed before she began ascending the stairs that led to Morgana's chambers, Arthur watching her every step. Once she was up the stairs and on the balcony above Arthur she leaned over the cold stone barrier. Arthur watched her intently waiting for the end of his misery.