Chapter 2: Home

A/N: (s/c) is skin color. This chapter is more about how you have connected to Isabel, Furlan, and Levi, so if the story seems slow to you, we apologize. We imagine that this story will be fairly long, considering we're following the whole plot, so just roll with it for now X3

And sorry if you don't like the fact you can't use your last name, but it's a crucial point in the story, we swear. It'll be worth it.

Lastly, Levi might seem OOC to you at first, but his attitude changes to Reader-chan considering he finds her like a dear little sister.

Anyway, here's the second chapter! Enjoy!

READER

          Your (e/c) eyes fluttered open to the sound of voices. You sat up, confused, aware of your new surroundings. You were now wearing a small (f/c) dress, and instead of seeing the usual filth that caged you, you seemed to be in a strangely clean cave.

          “You’re awake!” someone cheered, but before you could even comprehend who it was, they tackled you from behind, causing you to fall on the cold ground once more. Thinking it was some perverted psychopath, you screamed, desperately trying to escape from the person’s hold.

          “Isabel, please let go. The poor girl just woke up! You’d think you’d be a lot more mature at twenty-one…”

          You suddenly felt a huge weight being lifted off of your fragile body. You gulped for air, and as you looked up you saw a pair of big, brown eyes.

         “Hi! I’m Isabel Magnolia! What’s your name?” she asked.

          Your eyes widened, but not because of fear. All your life, you’ve never felt any kindness or affection. You’ve never even seen any one smile like this young woman was right now in a long time. The only smile you were able to recall was what seemed like an eternity ago to you. It was a memory so old that its details seemed vague and blurred, but familiar enough to see a toothy lopsided grin of a young boy.

          “Hey, (name)! Don’t feel so down. Whenever you feel sad, just…smile, okay? For me.”

        “Hey…why are you crying? Don’t cry! You’re home now.” The woman said, engulfing you in her arms. At first, you were so lost in thought that you hadn’t even noticed the tears falling, but as you heard the word “home”, this just caused you to sob even harder.

        “Shh…It’s okay, sweetie,” The woman cooed. You recalled that she introduced herself as Isabel. She lightly ran her hands across your small back, her long pink hair falling down your face. “What’s your name?” She asked, pulling away slightly to look at your (e/c) eyes, the smile never leaving her face.

        “(name)…” you replied, your (e/t) (e/c) eyes still filled with tears.

        “How about a last name?” she asked.

        You glanced at the silver chain on your small wrist, and written on it was your full name:  The only thing that ever made you sure that you once had a family. The only thing that ever gave you hopes that one day… you might get to see them again. 

        “S-Smith.” You whispered. 

        “Well then, (name) Smith….. Welcome to the family!"

        Six months later, it was as if you had always been part of their little family. The four of you were inseparable, and in no time you grew close to Isabel, Furlan, and even Levi. They taught you everything they knew, from language to combat. Though you were only eight years old, your mental and physical skills were above average, but yet to par Levi's. You still remembered the first time you met the shorty. You smiled at the memory.