Chapter 16

Clementine gave a low whistle as she walked into the kitchen. "Wow! This looks amazing!"

Setting down a platter of french toast on the table, Harry waved her into a chair. "Sit down and dig in while it's hot."

Passing her a plate, Harry took one himself, and started filling it with bacon, french toast and fruit. He felt really hungry as he drizzled on the maple syrup.

"So, why all this?" Clementine asked, pouring them both coffee from a carafe.

Harry was chewing his first bite, loving the cinnamon and vanilla flavors in the french toast. He had gotten away from cooking lately, and it felt good to eat home cooked food. "Just giving you a little treat. But this is also a business meeting."

She looked intrigued. "Oh really?" Things had quieted down for her lately, since the gay dating campaign had finished. She had been handling his normal charity paperwork and requests, but it was hardly a full time job lately.

"You know I've been going to therapy for a couple months now and I'm back to work half-time." It had been a lot of work with Dr. Mendosa, reviewing and questioning so many things from his past. "Things are getting back to normal and I want something positive to focus my energy on."

Clementine was slim and not that tall, but the woman could eat. She was already dishing herself seconds of bacon. "Like what?"

Harry took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He still got emotional when talking about this, feeling tension and his heart beating faster. "Um, well, helping Sera get into a good placement made me realize that there are a lot of kids in need out there. I'd like to see what we could do."

Looking at Harry with big hazel eyes, Clementine was so excited she almost couldn't speak for a full minute. "Oh yes! That would be fantastic! I'd love to work in that area."

"I need you to help me see what we could do, where the need is the greatest. I'd prefer it to be around orphans and other at risk kids." Harry felt a bubble of excitement, and knew this could be something great. A way to use his influence to help those who really needed it.

The rest of the breakfast they threw out ideas, until the food was all gone and Clementine ran up to her office to start researching everything.

Humming to himself, Harry used his wand to move all the dirty dishes into the sink and fill it with hot, soapy water. He washed the dishes by hand, thinking over all of Clementine's suggestions.

...

"All good?" Ron asked, as they were about to enter a rundown building.

Dr. Mendosa had commended Harry for his progress, and had cleared him to back to work a month ago. Harry continued to see him on a weekly basis, knowing his therapy wasn't going to be easy or quick.

Ron had welcomed him back, but he definitely checked in on Harry more often like this. At first it had irked Harry a bit, but he realized that his friend was trying to keep him out of trouble. And Harry knew himself better now, and would hopefully be able to recognize a problem before it blew up again. Ron would have his back if he needed to step away.

Harry nodded to his friend, and they crept into the building, wands drawn. They were hoping to bust one of the potion ingredient smugglers Theo had mentioned in his confession.

Two hours later, they had the suspect in custody, and Ron was giving him a pleased smile. The dirty flat was crammed full of illegal powders, and this would be a major blow to many criminals.

"I can't believe you got him with a Rictusempra charm! Who else would even think of doing that in a duel?" Ron chuckled, as they went into a pub.