Chapter 26

Harry paced outside Tempest Books, his tension mounting as he looked over at the clock on a nearby tower. Was Draco going to be late? He tugged at the bottom of his suit jacket, making sure it was sitting right. Just wanting to look good.

"Evening, Potter," Draco drawled, as he strolled to Harry's side. He looked great, dressed in dark grey suit with a lilac colored dress shirt underneath. His collar was unbuttoned, no tie around his neck, drawing Harry's eyes to the bare skin there. A place he had liked to kiss.

Draco was doing his share of looking as well. Harry had bought a new suit in dark burgundy, pairing it with a crisp white dress shirt and a narrow black tie. It was nicely tailored, but not as tight as some of the suits he had worn when going out with Draco in the summer. He felt good in it.

"Um, yes...well, we better get going," Harry pulled himself out of looking at Draco, and took his hand. It had become an almost constant thing on their dates now, something that still delighted Harry. He tugged Draco down the street, walking fast.

Draco kept up easily, matching his stride to Harry's. "Are you finally going to tell me where we are going?"

Grinning over at Draco, Harry shook his head. He had only told him to dress nice, not wanting to spoil the surprise. This was their seventh date, and Harry wanted to step things up a little.

At the end of Diagon Alley was a small park. Harry stopped on a patch of grass, and turned to face Draco. Reaching into the inside breast pocket of his suit, he pulled out a stainless steel pen. He glanced back at the clock tower. "Grab hold of the other end of this," Harry instructed firmly.

Draco did what he asked, realization dawning on his face.

A couple seconds later, they felt like they were being yanked forward by a big hook, spinning through space, a breathless few moments before they got to their destination.

They were standing behind a dark stone church, with tall buildings surrounding them on all sides. Sounds of a busy city took over their senses; traffic, people talking, and construction. It was bright and sunny, but about the same temperature as London.

Before Draco could ask more questions, Harry pocketed the pen and took Draco's hand again, leading him around the church and out on to a street. He turned left, confidently steering them around other pedestrians.

They passed many apartment buildings and businesses, and Harry could tell Draco was trying to figure out where they were.

"Definitely a big city, American..." Draco said, almost to himself.

Harry spotted the red awnings he had been watching for, and might have given Draco's hand a small squeeze of excitement.

It made Draco's gaze sharpen, looking around even more closely. "Broadway Kitchens and Baths..." he read aloud, from a business at the intersection they were approaching. "Broadway... We are in New York!"

Harry nodded happily at Draco, glad that he had been able to give him a good surprise. "Just for the night. I'll have you back home at a decent hour."

"Maybe I'd prefer an indecent hour..." Draco said softly, so Harry wasn't sure he heard him right. Glancing quickly his way, Draco only smirked at him, unrepentant.

Rolling his eyes at that, Harry tugged Draco across the street at the corner. "Our first stop is right here."

Draco looked up at the red awnings along the building, and he looked truly shocked. "The Strand? This is so great," he sighed, seeming frozen on the spot.

Grinning, Harry followed his gaze. The sandstone building was about ten stories tall, with simple, clean lines. The red awning had the store's logo interspersed with 'Old, Rare, New', '18 Miles of Books', and 'Where Books Are Loved' stretching down it's length.