Chapter 21

Hermione pushed a bowl of chili in front of Harry, and dug into her own. "Aren't you going to go back to talk to Dankworth soon?"

Harry shook his head as he took a bite of the spicy food. "Frankly, it's nice to have some time to myself."

Ron scoffed. "Time with Draco, you mean."

Glaring at his old friend, Harry felt immediately irritated. "Look, I came over here to see you, not to have my relationship criticized."

"Relationship," Ron rolled his eyes. "You are more his boy toy, his pet, than his boyfriend. Can't you see that he's just using you?"

Harry was really mad now. "Just because we are going out a lot and having fun? Not afraid to be seen at gay bars? I know it's not your idea of a good time, but didn't you say that I should act like a guy in his twenties?"

The past few weeks had been a blur. Draco loved going out, dressing up to the nines and socializing. It felt like they went out most nights, drinking, dancing and trying to talk to people in clubs over the loud music. Draco was still being treated like some kind of rock star, with everyone wanting to hang out with him. They crashed back at Draco's usually, having sex that practically melted Harry's brain after flirting and dirty dancing half the night.

Mornings meant more sex before Draco jumped into the shower and went to work. Harry had a few hours of sleep. Then everything started again. Suppers at high profile restaurants, dropping by the Stormcloud cafe to check on the events, and then out to more nightclubs. More drinks, dancing, partying. Paparazzi seemed to love getting pictures of them, and Harry often sighed at the images the next day, but Draco just found them amusing.

"But your hair doesn't move! It more like some kind of head sculpture than hair these days," Ron reached out a hand towards it, and Harry shifted away.

Experimenting with Draco's hair products, Harry now had perfected a version of a pompadour that tamed his hair. It even held up to their long nights out.

Hermione put a hand on his arm. "You look good, Harry. It just that it doesn't seem really 'you'." Her eyes were tracing over the way his hair swooped over the top of his head, adding a couple inches to his height.

The compliment mollified him slightly, and he shrugged. "It's kind of a gay culture thing. They really care about hair and fashion at the clubs Draco likes going to, and I don't want to be an embarrassment to him."

Plus, he found when he made an effort with his clothes or hair, Draco seemed pleased and it meant teasing and flirting more all night, leading to truly spectacular sex. Not that he would tell his friends about that.

"So, all this high profile stuff...is that just for now with Draco establishing his business, or is it all that he's really into?" Ron asked.

The question made Harry pause for a moment, considering it. Was all this going out something Draco really enjoyed, or was he just working the press for promotion? "Um, I don't, um...I guess we haven't really discussed it."

Come to think of it, he couldn't think of the last time they had really talked. Things seemed so rushed. Whenever they were out, they were constantly with other people and rarely seemed to have a moment on their own. By the time they got back to Draco's, they were talked out and sought refuge in sex, just losing themselves in each other. It was intimate and intense, but so different than how it had been with Draco in the spring.

Hermione and Ron seemed to be holding back from asking him more, but he could see them giving him concerned looks again. He stiffened in defense, as Hermione got up her nerve.

"I just want you to be happy, Harry. Remember what your therapist told you in the summer. You need to have a healthy relationship to avoid getting really hurt again, and-"