3| let me in

"l a t e l y i' v e b e e n
a l i t t l e f e d u p.
w i s h y o u w o u l d j u s t
f o c u s o n m e  "

w i s h    y o u    w o u l d    j u s t    f o c u s      o n    m e  "

keith powers as | reggie
jetdope as | capella "ella"

keith powers as | reggie jetdope as | capella "ella"

for | @JustAiree

_____________________

l e t  m e  i n

I came home and dropped everything that was in my bag at the door and kicked off my shoes on the mat. I knew that Reggie was home cause his car was out front, so he'd more than likely be in our room. Being in this new state for the past three months, I managed to make a few new friends because of work, so I spent the morning with them. Apparently Reggie didn't mind cause he didn't even raise a eyebrow to me going out with them.

I walked upstairs and heard the TV going off from the room, so I knew for sure he was there. I peaked around the corner and saw him on the bed deep into Naruto, like always. I smiled and rolled my eyes before walking into the room and sitting next to him on the bed.

"Hey." I said softly and smiled, bumping my shoulder against his playfully before leaning my head against it.

"Hey." He said dryly, not taking his eyes off the TV. I frowned, already knowing where this was going; and I was hoping that it wouldn't. To show some sort of affection, he took my hand and kissed it— but it still felt like it was lacking something that hasn't been there since I moved here.

Reggie and I have been together for at least a year and some months. Throughout that time? It was long distance. We lived in two completely different states, but we met by accident when he came to the state where I was from to visit a friend; and we bumped into each other because of a party.

After than, we spent almost every day talking about something. Anything that we could find? We'd talk about. We'd compare the weather from California; where he's from, to Houston— where I was from. He would send me gifts and I would do the same for him— it really didn't take long for the connection to build and for us to decide that this was something we both wanted to happen; so I packed up and went to live with him.