Chapter Fifty Two

Yay! I am officially on summer break! The past two weeks were unofficial because I was waiting for the results of my exams but those are in now. I FINISHED MY FIRST YEAR AT UNI!! 

Aside from that, I'm sad to say that there is little left to post on this story and that once it is done, I have nothing more to give you. Svana and I had a falling out during the writing of  the second book and I won't work on solving that until August. In the meantime, I have been working on something else but it's far from done... I don't know what to do....

Enjoy this chapter anyway =)

**

"How are you holding up?" I asked Rowan as I watched him search through the pile of clothes for something clean to wear. It didn't matter really whether he found something or not. Nevertheless, I understood why he was still trying. Even with the knowledge that your clothes would end up torn and covered with sweat and blood, it was always nicer to head into battle feeling clean.

His hand paused for a second before he started searching again. "A bit nervous, I guess, but that is only normal, right?"

I wasn't sure if it was. The first fight I had fought with the rebels had been at Roseacre; at the time I had been pretty confident in the plan we had managed to piece together with Mathias and Christopher. Now I didn't feel as confident and there was a lot more at stake. However, Dad had always told me that nerves were good because they kept you alert. So that was what I told Rowan. He smiled at me over his shoulder.

"How is the rest of you feeling? Are you sure that Jarrick healed every break and facture that you had?"

"Pretty sure he did." Rowan straightened up and pulled off the shirt he was wearing, giving me a brief glimpse of his pale chest. At least the bruises were gone now, though he still looked too thin to be healthy. He pulled the clean shirt over his head and looked my way. "You know, I would feel a lot better if you would wear armor."

"I will; but since I'm not used to it I try to put it off as long as possible. Are you sure you are comfortable with the plan?"

"Not really," he admitted with a heavy sigh, looking worried like he did. "But it is a backup plan; I just really hope we won't have to use it."

"So do I," I admitted in a whisper.

"Remember what Dad used to do before he left us for a while?" Rowan asked with a grin. Of course I remembered. I had thought it was an amazing gesture to do; to show that he too was only human. So I walked over to Rowan and wrapped my arms around him, pressing my right cheek again his chest.

"It's been a while since I had a hug like this," I muttered as Rowan wrapped his own arms around me. It felt good. It felt safe. And above all, it felt familiar when nothing else did. "Stay close to me no matter what tonight, okay?"

We would only attack once it was night, hoping that the Queen's soldier would be tired by then. Most of the rebel and the King's men were sleeping right now. Jarrick had protected both camps with a spell; he could afford to do that, he wouldn't come fight with us tonight. That was for the best; I needed him safe in case we needed the backup plan.

I felt Rowan nodded as his chin rested on top of my head. He would stay close to me. I would stay close to him. He would keep an eye on him. And I would keep an eye on him. It was what we did, it was natural. What had never happen before, however, was someone walking in on us having a Cursed Twin moment and seeming taken aback by it. But when Eric walked in, he most definitely look surprise to find us hugging; it was obvious in his voice.

"Oh, sorry," he muttered highly surprised. "I'll just wait outside."

"No, it's okay," Rowan said as I was already stepping back from him. "Just giving each other a dose of physical courage. Was there something you wanted?"