Chapter 2

I knew I was dead. He had clearly heard Kenzie, and most likely saw my blushing face. Hopefully he would still talk to me and give me another chance. The rest of the day I spent avoiding him, which I felt bad about, but it was my only choice. I only had one run in with him.

I had been walking through the halls, when I saw him coming. I quickly put my head down, hoping he wouldn't recognize me. I could still see in front of me, just so I didn't run into him. As soon as I passed him, he ran his shoulder into mine. I shot my head up and turned around to look at him. He looked back at me and I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I knew he purposely ran into me, but why? Was it to be rude, or was it because he thought I liked him? Whatever the reason, I quickly tried to forget about it, since it probably meant nothing.

After school, I had planned to walk home with Kenzie, but she bailed on me to go hang out with some jock she liked. I didn't mind though, since it gave me some time to clear my mind and think. I focused on my feet as my mind drifted off.

Did I like Yoongi? That was the only question on my mind. I know Kenzie had said that, and I had said I didn't, but the more I think about it, maybe I do. Sure, I don't really know him that well, but something about him was charming. He had flawless facial features, but I wasn't sure if I liked him like that already. I guess only time will tell.

As soon as I got home, my mother had already prepared a snack for me. I enjoyed this usual routine, as we did it every school year. I sat down in the kitchen, waiting for the usual conversation to begin.

"So how was school today honey," my mother asked politely, as always.

"It was pretty good. It was a normal day though."

She looked at me with a smirk on her face. I just ignored it, slightly confused.

"Did you meet the new student?"

How did everyone know about him? "Oh um, yeah I met him."

"Is he nice? What's his name?"

"His names Yoongi. He's very quiet, but was nice to me. We actually are assigned to work on a story together in reading."

"Ooh that'll be fun," my mom exclaimed.

I didn't know why she was so excited about him. He was just a new kid that I talked to, what's so exciting about that?

"Why do you seem so happy about him?"

She attracted her attention away from me,  dazing off into the backyard. "Oh no reason. I just thought he might change you a little."

I could feel my mouth opening wide once she finished her statement. "What do you mean change me?!"

"Oh honey I didn't mean that rudely. I just mean, your always alone in your room, and I though maybe being friends with a new guy might make you more sociable."

I suddenly shot up from my chair, slowly leaving the room. "I will never change for a guy! No matter if it's for the better or worse!"

"You say that now..." I heard my mother whisper under her breath.

I had stormed up to my room and slammed my door shut. I did feel a little bad for my mother, I didn't have to overreact. I just couldn't believe she would say I would change for a guy. A guy I didn't even like! I threw myself on my bed out of frustration. I wouldn't change for him, even if I did like him. I wouldn't even have to, since he was just like me.

I just decided to stay in my room for the rest of the evening, only associating with my parents at dinner. I had cooled down from earlier, and took a long shower to help relax. It was around 10 when I decided to go to sleep. I turned my phone off and put it beside my bed. I pulled up the covers and closed my eyes. The weird thing was, I couldn't stop thinking about him.