Chapter 4

It took me a second to process what he had said. I assumed he was referring to Andrew. But for some reason his voice sounded angry and nervous.

"Oh that was just my friend Andrew."

"I haven't met him yet."

"He's a nice guy. He gets on my nerves a lot though. He's liked me for a long time, but I've never liked him. He is always trying to get me to change my mind, but I won't. He asked me to the dance."

"He what?!"

Suddenly Yoongi sat up in his seat, eyes wide. I was taken aback by the way he reacted. I didn't know why he looked so worried.

"Yeah, he asked me to the dance. I told him no. Well, not unless I have a date by next Wednesday. If I don't, then I'll go with him. I really don't want to though."

He nodded his head like he really understood my dilemma. "Well who do you really want to go with?"

I hesitated before answering. I should probably just tell him I want to go with him. But what if he gets angry and stops talking to me? I wasn't sure what to do.

"I'd rather not," I said quietly.

"That's ok, I understand. But maybe you should tell me, so that way I can help you go with them so you don't have to go with him. But it's your choice."

A part of me wanted to tell him, but there was this voice in my head holding me back. But then I got an idea.

"Meet me tomorrow at 7 on top of the school. I like to sit up there and watch the sunset. I'll tell you then."

After gaining some confidence to say that, I threw my drink away and got up and left. As I was walking home, it then hit me that I said I would tell him. I was feeling confident though, and I didn't care if he didn't want to go with me. We can still be friends, and that's all that matters.

The next day

I woke up at my usual time, feeling more nervous than ever before. I got dressed quickly. I couldn't even eat breakfast out of fear that I might throw up. I gave myself a pep talk, telling myself to act normal. After that, I left for school having a panic attack on the inside.

I entered school, and I immediately ran up to Kenzie. She looked so happy and excited that I wondered what happened. She beat me to it.

"Oh my gosh guess what Emily!!"

"What is it?!"

"You know Ryan that I've been seeing after school?"

"Yes!"

"Last night he kissed me!! Kissed me! He also confessed to me and now we're dating! Can you believe it!?"

"I'm so shocked! I can't believe it, congratulations!"

After a few more excited screams and lots of hugging, we left and headed to class. I felt happy for her, but there was this slight bit of guilt inside of me too. I tried to ignore it, but it just grew deeper and deeper. It was slowly starting to turn into anger as I sat down for reading. I couldn't control it, and I hated myself for that.

As usual, the teacher told us to work on our stories. Yoongi and I were practically done with our story, but I knew I should go over to him and help, even though I didn't want to. I hesitantly dragged my chair over to his desk, and laid my head down on his desk. I let out a sigh and I could feel tears coming to my eyes.

I suddenly felt a hand being rubbed against my back. I knew it was him, and it actually helped relax me a lot. I then heard a low, familiar voice.

"Look, whatever is wrong, it's going to be ok. I know it seems very bad now, but things will work in your favor sooner or later. Don't be so hard on yourself. Trust me, it's going to be ok."