Chap 1: Three Years that Passed

Renjun's POV

It had been almost three years since Jaemin left and Jeno came to me with a sulken face to remain silent without any explanation. I had to know what was wrong one way or another, so when one of them didn't want to talk about it, I asked the other.

Jaemin still remained in contact with me but, he told me that Jeno had blocked him on all his social medias. He said they broke up and Jeno was hurt by Jaemin leaving him.

Once Jaemin left with his dad to go back home, they continued his homeschooling until he had to enter a University, to which they got him into one of the best since he was always ahead of the syllabus and was considered a smart kid.

He didn't seem happy with that though, saying that he would have rather joined us in our University if given the choice.

Jeno lived in his dorm alone until we had to graduate. He hung out with mostly me since he didn't want to make any new friends. I didn't mind, though. Chenle and Jisung also much preferred if we sat with them instead of leaving them on their own, since it yield only shy glances from each other that turned them into blushing messes or jumpy reactions when their skin came into contact with the other's.

It was a cute sight.

But, it wasn't all too unfamiliar for me and I could picture myself in their place.

Just with someone I did not expect.

"Hey, Jeno! Wanna go to lunch together?"

".. Yeah, sure."

Jeno and I entered the same university in the same year but into different courses so the only time we got to meet would be lunch and afterschool. I started to notice Jeno slowly progress back to his older habits which Jaemin had told me about before.

He became snarky and rude to others, treating those around him as pests and started picking on those whose presence just annoyed him.

But, Jaemin forced me to make a promise to make sure to stay by Jeno's side until he returns, to do my best to stop him from going back to his toxic old habits.

▪▪▪

🎶Nana🎶

🎶Nana🎶
Are you going to
lunch now?
Read, 12.27p.m.

Is Jeno with you?
Read, 12.27p.m.

Me
Yeah, but, he went
to get his food.
Read, 12.28p.m.

🎶Nana🎶
I wish I could talk
to him. I'm pretty fucking
desperate to hear his voice,
it's pathetic.
Read, 12.28p.m.

Me
Why don't you try
calling him once?
I could give you his
number.
Read, 12.29p.m.

🎶Nana🎶
I can't.
Read, 12.30p.m.

But, thanks though.
Read, 12.30p.m.

Go have your lunch, I'll TTYL.
Read, 12.30p.m.

Me
Alright, cya.
Read, 12.30p.m.

▪▪▪

"Are you done texting whoever?"
Jeno returned with his tray and sat in front of me after going to get his food while I was texting Jaemin.

Your ex-boyfriend, specifically.

"Yeah, what can I say? My popularity has been rising as of lately."
I got up from my seat to avoid any questions on who it was I was actually texting and went to queue up for my own food.

▪▪▪

🎶Nana🎶

Me
Please come
back soon.
Delivered, 12.35p.m.

▪▪▪

Slipping my phone back into my pocket, I went back with my tray to where Jeno was quietly eating his food.

"Something on your mind?"

I sat back down in front of him and received a shake of his head.

I didn't want to push the conversation further and just nodded my head and took a bite of my lunch.

"You're applying for an internship?" he asked while still stuffing his face with his lunch.

"Yeah but, I'm not too sure about it, though."

I felt bad since it meant I had to move to another city to stay there until the whole internship programme was over which meant that I had to leave Jeno on his own.

But, just then an idea popped into my head and though I knew it would be risky, it was worth a shot.

"By the way, I changed my number."

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'Why?' The previous one expired so I changed it."

He seemed to have bought it and nodded.
"Alright, give me a missed call, I'll add you."

Before I could make up an excuse and with a perfect timing, the bell rang for us to return to our classes.

"I'll just send you a text later."

With that, I got up to return the tray and rushed off to class while checking Jaemin's texts.

▪▪▪

🎶Nana🎶

Me
Please come
back soon
Read, 12.35p.m.

🎶Nana🎶
I want to
so badly.
Read, 12.40p.m.

Me
I have to tell you
something after
school today.
Read, 12.57p.m.

Actually, 2 things.
Read, 12.57p.m.

🎶Nana🎶
Okay.
Read, 12.57p.m.

Good news or
bad news?
Read, 12.58p.m.

Me
Depends.
Read, 12.58p.m.

🎶Nana🎶
Renjun. Did you
do something?
Read, 12.58p.m.

Me
Only partially.
Read, 12.59p.m.

Class is starting.
Read, 12.59p.m.

G2g, bye.
Read, 12.59p.m.

🎶Nana🎶
Partially?
Read, 1.00p.m.

What did you do?
Read, 1.00p.m.

Renjun????
Read, 1.00p.m.

RENJUN??!!
Read, 1.00p.m.

▪▪▪

•••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤