Chap 10: Talk

Renjun's POV

I knocked on the door with trembling hands while mentally cursing myself for acting on a whim. He looked so different and the boyish aura around him had completely disappeared.

"Come in."

I hesitantly turned the door knob and peeked inside before entering. He hadn't noticed me yet and was staring down at his cup of coffee with both his elbows resting on the table and his face on his fists.

He sighed while leaning back on his chair and shifted his gaze up to the door, where I was, and immediately stood up, almost knocking over his coffee.

I was standing awkwardly by the door and when our eyes met, I felt my heart skip a beat and started racing immediately after.

He cleared his throat and sat back down while I walked closer with a turtle-like pace.

"Take a seat."
He motioned towards the chair across him and I nodded my head before moving faster towards the seat and sitting down.

"You're here for..?" he asked, expecting me to complete that sentence.

"Talk," I bursted out, unsure of how to answer that.

"Excuse me?"

"For-- To t-talk-- have a talk to-- w-with you," I stumbled over my words while avoiding his eye once again, being too intimidated by his aura.

"About?"
He was sitting calmly in front of me, which made me feel much more anxious to speak to him.

"Hyung.. Do you remember me..?"
I felt nervous about what his answer would be and I was internally praying for him to say yes.

He nodded his head while his eyes still held that same serious expression.

"I do."
His eyeblows slowly narrowed together before he raised a brow.
"Are you expecting a special treatment just 'cause you used to be a student from the school I used to teach at?"

The question caught me off-guard and I didn't expect him to think that low of me.

"No--"

He stood up from his chair and walked around the table to stand beside me, to which I turned around in my chair to look up at him.

"I want you to leave."

"Wh--"

"I have a meeting to get to."

"Hyung, can you--"

"Don't call me 'Hyung' anymore."

At this point, I was getting pissed at how he kept cutting me off and unintentionally raised my voice.
"Can you please just listen to me?!"

His eyes widened before returning to his annoyed expression.

"Listen up, I've given you too many chances to speak. You're meant to just shut your mouth here and listen to what your superiors say to you."
He crossed his arms before leaning his legs sideways against the table.
"From what I've heard, you showed up late and with such a haggard appearance."
His eyes trailed up to my hair before going down to my shirt.
"And you still dare to walk into my office."

"Huh..?"

Rolling his eyes, he pointed to the buttons which were meant to be buttoned up.
"Button up your shirt and fix your tie."

While I nervously fiddled with them to fix up my appearance, I heard him scoff before his footsteps trailed out of the office.

•••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤

Sorry for the late update uwu