Chap 9: Late

Renjun's POV

"Taxi!"
I called out to one that was heading my direction and tried to flag it down but, got ignored when the driver just drove past me.

Glancing at my watch, I was already growing impatient and didn't want to show up late on the very first day.

Just waiting out in the heat was frustrating enough and I decided to finally loosen my tie and went on to unbutton the first button of my shirt to let some air cool me down.

When I spotted another taxi coming my way, I frantically waved my arm out to catch the driver's attention. Thankfully, it worked and the taxi came to a stop, allowing me to get in and my worry of reaching late disappeared.

I paid the driver in a hurry and ran out of the taxi to rush inside. I had no clue that the traffic would be so bad at this time and I was definitely late.

Pushing open the heavy glass door, I walked in to the counter and introduced myself to the lady there so that she'd give me my company identification card. The moment it was handed over to me, I thanked her and brisk walked towards the elavator while brushing my fingers through my hair to fix it. Hoping that I looked presentable in front of the company's employees, I squeezed into the elavator and pressed the floor number I was supposed to go to.

When I stepped out, I spotted the other four interns who were from my university, but were my acquaintances, already talking to an employee who was probably giving them tasks to do. Slowly, I walked up to them, feeling ashamed of how late I turned up but, the employee didn't seem to mind and reached his hand out for a handshake the second he noticed I arrived.

"Hello, I'm Kim Jungwoo, the Chief Marketing Officer. Are you Huang Renjun?"

I accepted his handshake and nodded my head.

"Alright, I've already explained to the other four about the basic rules of this place so, just ask them about it later. Right now, we're supposed to go upstairs to the main office so that you'd all get to introduce yourselves to Eunwoo, our Chief Executive Officer. Address him as 'Sir' and try to put on your best attitude, he's very strict so try not to get on his bad side."
He motioned for us to follow him into the elavator and pressed a button for one of the highest floors.

"Remember, don't get on his nerves. He's a scary man."
He chuckled before stepping out and leading the way while the five of us nervously followed behind.

"This is my office, you can come here when you have any troubles with the work. Go in and wait inside, Eunwoo should be here any moment."

We went in and took a seat in the corner where chairs were placed while none of us dared to speak in the pin-drop silence.

The door suddenly opened and Eunwoo walked in with Jungwoo beside him and talking to him. The five of us immediately stood up from our seats and bowed down to greet him in unison, to which he gave us a quick greeting before turning back to Jungwoo.

I was genuinely too afraid to come face to face with him and hoped that the introduction was over with just that but, Jungwoo motioned towards him so that we'd come over to them for a proper introduction.

Making sure to keep my head hung low so that I could avoid his eyes, I scrunched the sides of my pants with my hands as I tried my best to not fidget around awkwardly. The others started introducing themselves while I had my eyes glued to my shoes.

"You."

I could feel his eyes boring holes onto the top of my head and I knew he was referring to me.

"With the black hair."
It was definitely me, none of the other four had that hair colour.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

Biting down on my lip nervously, I slowly lifted my head up to meet his eyes and watched as the expression on his face changed from annoyance to shock.

His voice broke as he called out my name before his head fell forward for a quick second but, he looked back up and continued the introduction with a cold look in his eyes while he avoided looking at me.

He left as soon as he came and I heard Jungwoo sigh.
"I don't know what had gotten into him today, I tried to get him to be as nice--"

"Sir, can you take me to his office?"

•••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤