Chap 11: Files

Renjun's POV

What's up with his attitude?

It's not like I came here naked, it's just a few buttons.

The weather is so fucking hot, it was either that or a heat stroke.

Can't he be reasonable for once?

Grumbling, I went back to Jungwoo's office where I saw the rest carrying a whole pile of folders in their arms.

"Oh! Renjun, you're back! That's great, more hands to help out. Come and help carry some of these files down to the 4th floor."
He held out a whole another pile of files as tall as the ones the others were holding and passed them to me.

The moment they were in my hands, I felt myself being weighed down and understood the struggle the others were going through.

"Just put them down on any empty table you see downstairs and come back up, there's more."

More?! Are we here for manual labor or do we actually get to learn about this profession?

We all walked in silence as we held our breaths and struggled with balancing ourselves.

When we reached the elevator, all we could do was stare at each other since all of our hands were literally full at the moment.

"Now what?"

"Try kicking the button," one of them suggested and I immediately got into action.

It surely didn't work but my shoe had left a huge dirt imprint around the button and I could feel myself die inside.
The others were staring wide-eyed at what just happened while I stood speechless.

"Do you guys need a..--"
Jungwoo followed behind us before his expression matched the others'.
"--hand..?"

He quickly walked back to his office and brought back a bunch of tissues to wipe the print away before pressing the button while all we could do was apologize profusely.

"It's alright, just.. ask if you need help."
He seemed a bit hesitant to let us go down on our own but nonetheless, he went back to his office while we went inside the now open elevator.

"I thought we were screwed."

"I mean, if it was the CEO who saw us, we would have been dead by now."

"Speaking of, Renjun, why'd you even step into the lion's den?"

Shrugging, I could only make up an excuse of having some dire questions I had to ask him.

Before they could interrogate me further, the elevator doors opened and I walked out ahead. My arms were already on the verge of breaking, so the moment I spotted an empty table, I could only throw the folders as gently as I could onto them.

"Round Two, guys. Let's go."
I groaned as the boy motioned for us to come back into the elevator quickly.

"How many more files are there even?"

He held the door's button as the other 2 rushed in before he let out a sigh.
"A lot."

I let my arms fall back to my sides as I stretched them out.
This was already my limit.
The other guys didn't seem as worn out as me, considering how their arms were probably twice the size of mine.

While we waited to go back upstairs, I massaged one arm at a time to bring back my lost strength.

"How many trips do you think we'll have to make to finish this?" I asked, hopeful that 2 was the maximum.

"Probably around 10."

•••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤