Chap 7: Moving In

Renjun's POV

"Train KTX going to Seoul is arriving at the station soon. Please stand back and mind the platform gap when getting on and off the train."

First time travelling alone already sounds scary enough but when you add on the 'from one city to another' and the trip being a whole two hours, or even more, it's enough to make me cancel the whole trip to just be jobless and homeless.

But, being jobless and homeless also had its cons. A lot of cons. Too many cons, and no one wants to collectively choose to ruin their life.

Grabbing onto my luggage tightly, I pulled it over to the platform and stood as still as a statue while waiting for the train to arrive. I knew I should have just went with the other interns but, they were coming a few days later while I had to go today to settle into my own apartment.

That's right. My very first own apartment--

--which my parents were funding because of my zero income.

Who cares, though, at least I was getting to live on my own.

While I daydreamed about getting to wake up and being able to stroll around a whole apartment without a single other soul ruining my day as I walked to the window with a cup of coffee in one hand to observe the beautiful scenery outside, people were pushing past me to get off or on the train and snapped me out of my thoughts in the process.

Squeezing past the crowded station, I managed to get inside with all of me still intact and my luggage by my side. After searching for my seat, I slid my suitcase under the chair and flopped down comfortably on the seat, feeling lucky to have gotten ahold of the window seat while booking.

Plugging my earphones into my phone, I chose a soft playlist to listen to and let my head rest on the window to let the time pass while I closed my eyes and dozed off.

Well, tried to.

Everything had been smooth-sailing until the person beside me started bickering on his phone loudly and that's when it started becoming hell.

I wanted to end either of our lives to get peace but, I just played dead and increased the volume of my music.

Just ignore him, he'll shut up soon.

Apartment.. 44.. 45.. 46..

Ah, 47, there it is.

Pulling out the key from my pocket, I quickly unlocked the door and pulled my luggage behind me into the darkness of the apartment. Using the light of the hallway, I looked for the light switch and turned it on before locking the door shut. I took my shoes off and the fancy carpeted floor felt like heaven to my tired feet.

After the journey, I had no strength to even bring my suitcase into the room and just let it stand in front of the door while I flopped down onto the couch.

It was almost 2a.m. and I was too tired to even move, feeling the last bit of energy inside of me getting sucked out when I removed my jacket and threw it onto the coffee table.

•••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤

Not proof-read because I have a fever and I want to die.

Also Happy Birthday in advance to crownedwow uwu