Chap 8: New Place, New People

Renjun's POV

"Yeah, I made it. The journey was fine. Yeah. No, I didn't have any troubles along the way. It was pretty smooth-sailing. Oh, the apartment is really nice.
Of course, I'll try to keep it clean. No, I know I have to be responsible.
Don't worry, mom. I'll be fine.
I should go clean and unpack everything, I'll talk to you later. Bye."

I ended the call which had woken me up from my sleep earlier than I should have, considering how late I slept. Throwing the phone onto the couch, I went back to the doorway to bring my suitcase into the only bedroom.

The apartment was definitely an upgrade from a two-person dorm and seeing a double bed in what was now my bedroom, it made me feel like I was already living the dream but I had to resist my urge to just start jumping on the bed to celebrate.

The apartment was already renovated and decorated, making my job easier and now all I had to do was learn how to cook.

Oh.

I didn't even think about it.

How do I even cook?

I hurriedly changed my clothes into a basic white T-shirt and track pants and rushed out of the apartment with my wallet and phone-- and my keys, of course.

Making sure to lock the door properly so that no one breaks in on the first day itself and I end up getting robbed, I basically ran to the elavator and inside, searched for the direction to the nearest grocery store.

The walk would be long and I was too unmotivated and hungry at that point, so instead I went into a cafe that I saw on the way.

In the end, I made the decision to eat out until I learnt how to properly cook anything.

As I ate my breakfast, the sudden realisation of being all alone in a city that had no one I knew well and could rely on hit me hard but, I quickly diverted the thought away by looking at the emails on the internship programme.

I skimmed through the whole thing until a familiar name caught my eye and made me drop the fork I was holding onto the plate while I brought the phone closer to see if I was seeing things.

'..run by Cha Eunwoo, the son of the previous CEO and now the current CEO in charge..'

.. It's him.

•••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤