Chapter 6

*Edited*

The next morning, Louis was almost afraid to leave his room. His mother would almost instantly be on his case again, he was sure of it.. He put if off as much as he could, cleaning his room, packing some stuff that he wanted to take to Harry’s in boxes, and checking his computer frequently to see if Harry had emailed him. He couldn’t help but feel disappointment when he saw that the Dom had not. So finally, at nearly noon, he reluctantly crept out of his room and headed for the living room.

He didn’t see his mother or father anywhere, so he breathed out a sigh of relief and sank down onto the couch. His stomach growled, he wanted to go into the kitchen to eat, or needed too rather since Harry had insisted to him that healthy diets were key, but he knew that if his parents weren’t in the living room then they most certainly were in the kitchen. As he expected, his mother came out of the kitchen and into the living room. When her gaze fell on Louis, she sighed heavily.

“I still just can’t believe your carelessness,” she shook her head in disbelief. “I thought we’d raised you to understand your duties as a sub. I understand mine completely, so why can’t you just be a good sub?”

“Mum…” Louis mumbled, averting his gaze. “Harry didn’t-”

“And you called him by his name after he specifically told you not to? He’s going to be requesting a new sub in no time,” his mother scoffed. At that moment, much to Louis’ relief, Louis’ father emerged from the kitchen and sharply stopped the nagging woman.

“Jay,” he snapped. “Go elsewhere and let me speak to Louis alone, please.” His mother was forced to leave the room, yet she did so reluctantly. Louis’ father Mark sat down beside Louis, pursing his lips. “I figure she as a sub has no right to scold you in such a way even if she is your mother. Don’t let anyone else but your Dom and the people your Dom gives permission to, scold you like that.”

“Are you going to scold me?” Louis asked miserably. “For what I did on national television?”

“No,” Mark assured. “We’re going to talk about coloring.”

“But I know how coloring works, we don’t need to-”

“Run it by me, just for fun,” Mark hummed, sitting back further against the couch and looking at Louis expectantly.

Louis sighed, but sat nodded, clasping his hands together nervously on his lap, “We use coloring to communicate with one another. Us subs mainly use it since our Doms are the ones in charge. If things are good, you don’t have to color. Things would be classified as green. Yellow, yellow is like a slow down. It’s a warning that things could be escalating to a stop. So like you would at a red light, a Dom stops what he’s doing. Doms are sensitive in a way to colors, and they have to stop until they’re given an okay again, a green from their sub or a sub in general. You wouldn’t run a red stoplight, just like Doms don’t keep going when their sub says red. If a sub says red and colors out, the Dom stops what he’s doing all together until the sub says green again and then they can take note that whatever happened to make the sub color out is in the red category.”

Mark nodded in approval, “Good. But do you know what you forgot to do today when you nearly colored out, when you left the stage in such a hurry?”

“I forgot to say green,” Louis whispered. “I left Harry stuck frozen with the word yellow and Nick fricking Grimshaw had to give him a green so that he could come get me.”

“Which was a very inconsiderate and careless thing to do,” his father pointed out. “You must always remember to take care of your Dom, Louis. As a Dom myself I can assure you that a negative color from our sub is a very petrifying thing. We stop because we care, we don’t want to hurt you in a way that is permanent or in a way that you don’t want. It’s the whole point of the coloring system. So in return of us stopping, all we ask is that you bring us back from it and let us know that we’re okay again and aren’t going to harm you.”