Chapter 13

"Look what came in the mail today," Louis whispered, setting the glossy magazine on Harry's desk. It'd been a solid week since the incident and Louis was able to move much better than before. He still had a little pain, but that was to be expected with the injuries he had acquired. Zayn and Niall had been absent most of the time, staying on their side of the home. Harry glanced up at Louis before down at the headline: Harry Styles Beats Sub, Louis Tomlinson, Until Hospitalized.

"Fucking bullshit," Harry growled, pushing the offending magazine away and off of the desk. He didn't like thinking about what had been done to Louis in the first place, so he especially didn't want to think about himself doing it. Louis bent and picked it up, folding it into a tube. He wasn't happy about the magazine either, because his Dom wasn't the one at fault, Zayn was. "Throw it away then come back here. Liam will be here soon to check your stitches."

Louis did as he was told, quickly, but not too quickly, moving through the house to toss the magazine into the kitchen garbage. He didn't like going out and about by himself, but Harry insisted on it. However, Louis knew Harry was only helping. Something told him Harry would never push him into something that he thought would severely hurt Louis, physically or mentally. Liam was walking through the front door just as Louis was walking past it and the sub jumped, startled.

"Oh, Liam, I thought you might've been... never mind. Harry is in his office, wanted me to head back there," he clutched his chest in relief, walking from the room. Liam followed, carrying his brown bag of stuff.

"Hello, Liam, nice to see you," Harry said, standing up as Louis and Liam walked back into the room. Liam nodded and they shook hands.

"How have you been doing Louis?" Liam asked, putting his bag down, sitting down on the couch. Louis stood in front of the man, facing Harry and pulled off his loose top and kicked off his sweat pants.

"Not in as much pain as I was in before. It's better now," he said and Liam nodded. The subs eyes latched onto Harry's as the Dom watched Liam's movements closely. Liam touched Louis' back lightly around a few stitches that looked a bit red.

"It seems that these are being worked more a bit necessary, but in another few days I bet they could come out," Liam hummed. "Does this hurt?"

"Just a little..." Louis murmured, and he noticed as Harry frowned.

"I see," Liam knelt down to examine the back of Louis' leg. "The stitches here might need to stay longer since there's so much bending and flexing in this region. Your thighs look very good though."

Harry spoke up then, "But should he be walking on it still? Or..."

"Yes, walking is fine," Liam agreed. "Good for healing, actually. Obviously he's not ready for a 5k or something extravagant, but little things like you've been giving him, trips to a garbage can down the hall, those are good."

"Alright," Harry gave a curt nod. "But his stitches look alright?"

Liam stood and patted Louis' shoulder, "They're looking good. You can get dressed. Now, where's the little blonde? Niall."

"He's on the other side of the house," Harry replied, standing to his feet. "I'll go retrieve him."

As Harry left the room, Louis pulled on his clothes to the best of his ability and crept behind Harry's desk to curl himself into the older man's desk chair. He knew Liam was safe, but he didn't at all like when Harry went to the other side of the house.

"So... are you in school?" Liam asked in attempts to make conversation.

Louis chewed at his thumb nail, nodding his head, "Kind of. I was going to start a few days ago, but now Harry says I should enroll in the fall semester instead. Because of all this mess."