New Years

When Chiron declared that Camp Half-Blood would be hosting a New Years party the night of New Year's Eve, Percy questioned how good of an idea that was. Having a party going through midnight with at least a hundred demigods, all of which had ADHD, something was bound to happen.

No matter, though, since it was happening. Percy wasn't complaining, though, since it persuaded the demigods who weren't coming over winter break to come. All of them were still in school, though most were seniors and wouldn't be next year. At least half the Romans, except for the veterans, flew over to New York to join in with the rest of their friends. Multiple of the gods had declared they would be present as well. Zeus had banned any from coming, but most of the Olympians were sick of him and came anyway. Even the hunters joined in.

Piper had dragged the seven-plus Nico out to go shopping before the party. Despite the complaints, everyone ended up getting some sort of nice outfit. Percy settled on a simple dress shirt with black jeans, as did Nico and Frank, but Leo went full out in getting himself bright orange dress pants and shirt along with a red jacket. He forced Jason into going along, but Jason smartly refused to get any colours other than black and white.

All the girls ended up with a dress, though Piper refused to tell anything other than that. She had made sure that the girls and boys were unaware of what their partner had, even going as far as to send Jason away from the main group so she wouldn't know what he had. Percy thought that was a bit excessive, but Piper would hear none of it.

Finally, after a long day of preparations and shopping, it was ready. No one was entirely sure what all was included, there was too much for an ADHD demigod to process at once. Percy did know there was food, and that was enough to convince him it would be good. Even though he tried to be quick, he was probably one of the last ones to arrive.

His first stop was, of course, the food table. Percy grabbed as many cookies as he could hold and backed away, biting into the first one, to look for his friends.

"Yo Perce! Over here!" He turned to see Leo, in his flaming red suit waving him over with a crazed smile on his face. Percy grinned back and practically skipped over to the group. The seven, along with Nico and Reyna, were sitting on a large blanket with a plate full of food in the middle. Almost all the boys had something in their hands. Percy plopped down next to Annabeth admiring her in her pale blue dress that went to her knees.

He slung an arm over her shoulder and leaned over to whisper in her ear. "You look beautiful." Annabeth smiled and leaned into him.

"What took so long? Busy putting your makeup on?" Reyna teased.

Percy scowled playfully. "Oh, shut up." He pointed an accusing finger at her face. "As if we can't see all the makeup on you." Reyna stole a cookie from Nico and chucked it at him.

Percy ducked under the delicious projectile and gasped dramatically, clutching a hand to his chest. "What have you done? You just wasted something valuable! How could you!" Reyna raised an eyebrow and flipped him off. Percy flopped back and pretended to have died.

"Oh, get up, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth chuckled. "So melodramatic."

"Come on, Dictionary, use words we actually know!" Leo shouted. "My tiny vocabulary cannot handle it!"

"Maybe she should do it more so that you might actually get smart," Piper said, flicking Leo in the head.

"I am smart!" Everyone laughed at Leo's protest.

"I'm not missing out, am I?" The group turned to see Thalia Grace approaching them, a bag full of something clutched in her hand.

Percy set his gaze on her and couldn't tear it away. Her raven hair was spiked up, as usual, some of it falling over her pale face. Her electric eyes were brought out by a thick wing of eyeliner around her eyes, and her lips a bright red that looked like the colour of blood. She was in a strapless silver dress that fell to her feet, tight around her torso and illuminating all of her curves.