Chocolate Covered Nut

Thalia, despite her fear of heights, loves to climb up her tree. It was a bit ironic, truthfully, but it comforted her. She would've thought being on something that used to be her body would be a bit disturbing, but it was soothing. She had no fear of falling like she usually did while up high; it was a place where she could escape from the crowded campgrounds. Almost everyone at camp knew she went there for solace, which is probably why she should've expected this to happen.

It had been a peaceful afternoon, during the free time that Chiron generously allowed all demigods (though half the camp never did what their schedule told them to). She had just placed her hand onto the low-hanging branch when she heard a creak from above her and looked up only to get a face full of something.

There was the sound of three people cracking up. Thalia shook her head, wiping the substance off of her eyes and growling when she spotted the culprits. Connor and Travis Stoll, to absolutely nobody's surprise, and Percy Jackson. The brothers froze up when they noticed she had spotted them and bolted. Percy didn't. He stayed in place and just smirked at her.

"What the hell is this?" Thalia snapped, shaking her hand and flinging some of it onto Percy. He just grinned and licked off a droplet that had landed on his lips. She was very confused, hesitantly licking off what was on her lips.

"You dumped chocolate pudding on me?" Percy nodded, stepping closer and swiping some off, sucking it off all of his fingers one by one. She slapped him. "Stop that! You do know I'll kill you for this?"

"Can we eat the chocolate first?" Percy asked hopefully. Thalia suddenly gained a look that Percy immediately knew meant she had an idea. She suddenly lunged, slamming her chocolate-covered body into his. He yelped, falling to the ground with his front now covered in chocolate pudding.

Percy growled playfully and flipped them over so he was on top of her, his elbows on either side of her head. "It is on!" He snapped. Thalia curled her feet up to her chest and pushed against his stomach with her feet, flipping him backwards. She rolled into a standing position, Percy already up a couple metres away.

They charged each other, gripping onto the other's shoulders and arms in order to push. Percy was stronger, meaning he had the advantage, but Thalia was quicker. She slipped out of his grasp, ducking under his arms and doing a roundhouse kick into his back. Percy flew across the area, landing just outside of camp borders on the ground. He groaned, not bothering to get up. Not like he could, with how Thalia had straddled him and had her arm against his throat.

"Alright, you win," Percy sighed, sitting up. Thalia slid onto his lap, and Percy realised he had just placed his face mere inches away from hers. He noticed that about half of the chocolate was off of her, part of the lost divided between him and the ground. Her face was mostly cleared of it, though it was lined around her face and part of her neck.

Whoever made the first move, neither really knew. Suddenly, her lips were on his, his arms wrapped around her back and her hands in his hair. Her lips tasted of, unsurprisingly, the exact same pudding that they had dumped all over her. They separated for maybe a second to catch a bit of air before their lips were back together.

Thalia took one of her hands and shoved him onto his back once more, all of her weight resting on him. She pulled back after a while, resting her forehead onto his, both of them panting. Percy opened his eyes to see her staring back at him with a variety of emotions, but she didn't seem angry.

"Wow," was all he could say. Thalia laughed, and after what just happened, he found the sound quite endearing.

"That was 'wow,' wasn't it?" She agreed, resting one hand on his cheek and the other beside his head. "You're a good kisser, Kelp Head."

"As are you, Pinecone Face," Percy chuckled. "I think having your first kiss covered in chocolate is a nice way to go."

Thalia only kissed him again.