Puzzle

Thalia loved Percy. She loved how their bodies fit together, how he would rub their noses and then giggle at his own antics, how loyal he was, and, of course, how good he was at sex.

She thought this over as they lay in bed after a hot session, him still sheathed inside her. Their bodies moulded together beautifully, not a single crevice left between their naked forms. Percy was dozing, stuck between sleep and wake, one hand resting softly on the back of her neck and the other curled around her ass. She herself was still awake, her nose tucked just above his collarbone and her hands idly running over his chest.

In truth, she was amazed Percy had chosen her. Annabeth had been strongly pursuing him, and everyone thought he had been as well, but when he turned down her advances she and most of the camp had been astonished. Thalia had quit the huntresses after the war had been won, never really interested in being with them. She liked the idea, but she didn't hate men, and she didn't want immortality. All her friends were mortals, she didn't want to leave them.

It was her that comforted Annabeth and her that confronted Percy. She hadn't been expecting his reasoning to be a love confession to her out of all people. He had disappeared for months afterwards, both Thalia and Annabeth blaming themselves for his missing. Until Jason Grace turned up and it was revealed that Percy was with the Romans.

Thalia had to stay behind while the seven went off, but their reunion was a clash. It was in private, but Percy dared to pick her up and spin her around before kissing her hard on the lips. Thalia was so ecstatic about him that she let him do it without consequence. They made up for their lost time.

The relationship was secret for a while, but they did eventually tell Annabeth. She was devastated about it, mad as well, and legged it out of camp to join the huntresses. The couple had gotten her forgiveness, but she was still a bit sour about it.

Thalia shifted so that her chin rested on his shoulder, staring at his sleeping face. Even through all the troubles, they had survived and lived long enough to pursue a relationship in the mortal world.

She wouldn't give it up for the world.