Peanut Butter

"Oh shit." Those were Percy's words while he and Thalia watched a small monster army from their position crouched in the trees. None of the monsters were overly powerful, the most dangerous thing probably being an eight-foot cyclops.

"Oh shit's right," Thalia muttered back as she pulled out her bow. "You want to grab the hunters, or should I?"

"Already done." Of course. Percy wasn't even surprised when Artemis hopped onto their branch beside him. The goddess had a habit of appearing out of nowhere to join a conversation and Percy was used to it after many weeks of travelling alongside her. "They'll be here in a minute."

"Wonderful," Percy said. "Thalia, highest kills wins?"

"Loser takes the other's chores for a week," Thalia added.

"Deal." They shook hands on it and Percy pulled out Riptide. Artemis chuckled from beside him.

"I'm betting on Percy." Thalia looked offended at that. "I love you, my lieutenant, but Percy is more powerful and a better close combat fighter. Though with long range I would have never picked Percy."

"It isn't my fault I suck at archery!" Percy complained. Artemis just waved him off.

The goddess left to join the newly arrived huntresses and left Percy and Thalia to begin themselves. Percy held up three fingers and Thalia nodded. He took down one, then another, and then closed his fist, leaping off the branch with Thalia seconds behind them. Of course, they couldn't miss the infamous battle cry that they managed to chorus, a loud scream of peanut butter. The hunters were probably incredibly confused, but they could both hear Artemis laughing. She was ignored.

Percy enjoyed himself as he twirled through the mass of beasts, his sword a blur as it slashed through any monster that dared come near. He always enjoyed a good fight, one reason why he liked travelling with the hunt. It took a bit of persuasion from Thalia to let him come along one time, but they became accepting of him, and some he could even consider friends. Artemis was quite enjoyable to be around once you got past the whole 'I hate you' problem.

There wasn't any water in the near area, so he was on his own for this. It didn't bother him, sometimes pure skill was better than any power. The feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins was exhilarating and such a rush. The hunter's assistance greatly decreased the monster numbers, not that it wasn't appreciated, and Percy managed to gather up about forty-six kills total.

As the final monster was run through with a silver arrow, Percy turned to Thalia, who was panting and covered with golden dust, a few sparks still flying off her body. "Score?" He asked.

"Forty-two," she called, smirking at him. He laughed and Thalia gave him a glare. "Don't say you beat that."

"Forty-six! Sorry, Pinecone Face," he grinned. "Have fun feeding the wolves."

Thalia just scowled at him, shrinking her spear and shield back into their hidden forms. Percy capped Riptide and faced the approaching goddess. "Seems you bet right."

"Seems I did," Artemis agreed. "Care to explain your battle cry? Most warriors do not use 'peanut butter' as something to charge into battle for."

Both demigods laughed. "Tyson, my brother, absolutely loves peanut butter, and that was his battle cry. We all just found it so hilarious that we adopted it," Percy explained.

Artemis thought about that. "Strange, I do admit," she said. "Though it's quite interesting, and you are right about it being hilarious."

Thalia grinned. "Maybe we can get the hunt to use it too. The fearsome maidens of Artemis, screaming 'peanut butter' as they charge into battle!"

"Not happening."