Napping

Thalia stumbled into their shared apartment, groaning and gripping her head. "Percy, we need to go. Move."

"You don't look too good," Percy said from his position in bed. "Why don't you lay down for a bit?"

"We don't have time," she protested. "We need to be there by four thirty, remember? It's four already!"

"Do we really have to go?" Percy asked. "I mean, what good will it do us?"

"Percy!" Thalia scolded. "We've already agreed to go. We can't just bail out now."

"Sure we can," the boy said. "Just block them and never talk to them again."

"And I thought I was the mean one here," she grumbled. "Not happening. Get up."

"Thalia!" He whined. "Come on! Please!"

"No," she said, a yawn escaping her. She wanted badly to lay down and be done after the long day, but they had somewhere to be. She refused to just abandon their appointment.

As she sat down to change from her running shoes to more comfortable boots, she felt Percy's arms wrap around her waist and pull her back onto the bed. "Percy, let me go!" She complained, struggling against his arms that locked her against his side.

"Just be quiet and relax," Percy muttered, tucking her into her side and setting his head back against the pillows. "You're obviously tired."

"We need to go!" Thalia fought, twisting to and fro in his arms to no avail. "Let go, Percy!"

"Nope," he mumbled, moving his hand up to massage her temples. "Relax, dear. It'll do you good."

"Please," she begged, but even she knew it was no use. His hand against her scalp felt so good, especially against the migraine that had been slowly growing over the day. Her eyes reluctantly fluttered closed, a sigh of relief falling from her lips.

Percy smiled as she finally gave in, nuzzling into his side and relaxing. He massaged her head as her breaths slowed and she slowly slipped into dreams. He pressed a chaste kiss to her forehead and closed his own eyes, fully prepared for the beating he'd probably receive when they awoke.

Worth it.