chapter 12

Ry

The second I opened the door and walked into class I could feel the change.

I looked over towards the instructors desk and didn't see the original instructor. I saw a much buffer and younger looking guy standing and waiting for everyone to get to class.

I went and sat in my seat in the back corner and got my notebook out.

My phone went off so I quickly checked it.

'Hi Ry, hope you got to class on time. Just wanted to say that the new instructor knows where you sit and is very nice. After class he will give you a pass to come to my office with your lunch. Just show the pass to the woman at the little desk in my building and she'll let you up. Have a good day, bye.' I smiled and put my phone away.

Slowly the room filled with all of the students.

When everyone saw the new instructor they all became confused. I looked over towards the front and saw Lauren, Kehlani, Dinah and Troye.

Everyone was talking to each other and seemed to not care f the new instructor. I watched for a second until Kehlani looked back. When she saw me her face lit up and she waved.

I smiled a little and waved back, Lauren looked back and smiled as well. Kehlani turned towards Lauren and pointed back at me, I watched as Lauren nodded and Kehlani grinned and hugged her.

She got her stuff and stood up and practically raced back to where I was sitting.

I chuckled as she came over and sat next to me.

"Hi Ry!" I smiled and said Hi back.

"Sorry if I'm bothering you, I remembered you sit back here and I didn't want you to be lonely. When I asked Lauren If I could sit back here she thought it was a good idea." I nodded and placed my pencil down.

"well it is nice to have company every once and a while. Thanks for coming back here and sitting with me." she smiled and nodded. She pulled out her notebook and pen and just wrote down some of the small stuff on the board.

I did the same, glancing at Kehlani every once and a while. She was smiling the whole time which was kinda nice. I saw Lauren look back a few times but once Kehlani gave her a wave she'd smile and look away.

By the time classes ended both me and Kehlani had written and drawn about ten diagrams as well as two papers worth of information.

I sighed and leaned back, my wrist hurt and so did my eyes. The bell rang and everyone gathered their stuff and started to leave. Lauren, Dinah and Troye stayed behind and waited for Kehlani and I to go get our stuff and go to the front.

I tossed my stuff in my bag while Kehlani folded and made sure all of her stuff was in place and neat. Once she was done she stood up and skipped down to Lauren.

I chuckled and walked over, saying hello to everyone.

"Ry why don't you come and join us for lunch, it seems Kehlani has made friends with you so might as well." I shook my head which made Kehlani pout a little.

"I gotta go meet with someone, sorry. Maybe tomorrow though. And if not tomorrow then I will try to join you guys at some point." They all nodded and Kehlani seemed to be happy again.

They said good bye as they left, when I turned towards the instructor he was smiling and chuckling.

"I was told to give this to you. Its from Mistress Lovato, wants you to meet her in her office after you grab your lunch." I nodded, not exactly about to say that I knew.

He handed me the slip and smiled as I walked away.

I walked outside and went to the dining hall, getting my food in one of the take to go boxes and leaving for Demi's office. I got to the building that housed her office and walked in. The woman at the front looked up and smiled, I handed her the slip and she scanned over it.

She motioned for me to go which I did.

I walked up to Demi's floor and down the hall, I read the big sign that simply said 'HEAD MISTRESS'. Why it was in big capital font was beyond me. I quietly knocked on the door and waited.

I heard Demi get up and her heels click along the hardwood flooring inside her office, the click of the door unlocking was heard. She swung open the door and had a displeased face until she realized it was me.

She moved back and closed and locked the door. I placed my bag by the side of her desk and I sat in front of it as well.

Demi walked back over and patted my head as she walked by. I looked up and followed her with my head as she walked and sat back behind her desk.

"Was class nice?" I nodded and opened my little box with my food, taking the plastic fork from my pocket and taking a quick bite.

"The girl from yesterday, Kehlani, came over and sat with me." Demi's face lit up and she seemed happy.

"Really? Did you guys talk throughout class or after?" I took another bite and chewed quickly. "We talked a little bit after she came over and sat but after we talked with Lauren, Dinah and Troye. They asked if I wanted to sit with them for lunch but I said I had to meet someone." Demi gave a tiny pout and sat back.

"You could of texted me and I would of said it was okay. But it doesn't matter now, at least you talked to them and made friends." I nodded and smiled.

Demi wheeled her chair over and turned my chair to face hers. She moved the lid of the box out of the way and checked on what I was eating. This time it was pasta and the cheesy sticks.

She shook her head ad took my fork, taking a bite of pasta for herself.

I pouted and acted sad.

"We both know you aren't really upset over me taking a bite." I huffed and placed the box on her desk and crossed my arms.

Demi put the fork in the box and closed the lid, standing up and over me.

"Lets not start the attitude baby, act like my good girl like you did this morning." I whimpered and nodded, reaching up for her to kiss me.

Demi leaned down and put both hands on the arm rests of the chair, kissing me and putting some power behind it.

She pulled back and grinned at me.

"I just love kissing you."