Chapter 15-Mercy

Y/N's pov

Unfortunately, I did not run. I looked on as Mina narrows her eyes as she scans the papers. "Kim Y/N. Best assassin in the company. Mission: Assassinate Myoui Mina..." Mina raises an eyebrow and looks at me, confusion written all over her face.

An arm wrapped around my neck and I heard the sound of a gun click beside my ear. Joy was holding me in a choke hold position, with a gun against my head. "You were trying to kill Miss Myoui all this time, huh?"

"J-Joy. D-Don't do this..." I gripped Joy's arm. "Y-Y/N, is this true?" Mina's eyes were filled with betrayal, anger and sadness. That look mirrored Jihyo's so many years ago when Sana betrayed us. A look I never wanted to receive from anyone.

I tried averting Mina's gaze. She grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. "Is. It. True?!" She asked harshly. "Yes. It's true. BUT I CAN EXPLAIN!" I tried to release myself from Joy's iron like grip.

Mina nodded to Joy, signalling for her to release me. Gasping for air, I mumbled, "Thank you." "Babe I can-" Before I could continue speaking, she hugged me, her lips ghosting over my ear. "There's no need to explain. I believe what I see. Now, run."

"Huh?"

"You have 2 and a half minutes to run as far as you can. After that, Joy will release three arrows on you. If you get hit, that's your problem." Mina turned away the moment those words left her mouth, and I swore I saw a tear trickle down her face.

"Mina, wait. Please. Let me explain." I begged, wishing the woman I love would give me a chance. When she turned around to face me, her face was already covered in tears. "If you wanted to kill me, you could have just said so. You didn't have to make me fall in love with you. All the times you told me you love me, they were lies, weren't they? I don't even know if I can trust you anymore. Now, run. I-I love you."

"Mina-"

"The clock is ticking, Kim Y/N. Do you want to die today?" Joy was already pulling the bowstring. "Joy don't." "I take orders from Miss Myoui only, not from a traitor like you. 2 more minutes." Her voice was laced with a hint of grief, but it was hard all the same.

"GET OUT OF THERE YOU ASSHOLE! MINA WON'T KILL YOU BUT JOY WILL YOU LITTLE SHIT GET OUT OF THERE YOU DUMBASS!!!!" Nayeon's frantic shouts were ringing through the intercom. Standing up, I ran.

I ran from Mina's crying figure. From Sana's devious smirk. From the arrow that was threatening to take my life.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

I'm so sorry, Mina. I never meant for this to happen.

*Twang!*

Joy pulled the arrow. It pierced through my left arm, a cry escaping from my throat, but I knew, I had to keep running. Joy would not stop. Unless I was out of sight.

*Twang!*

Another arrow. And this time, it pierced my left thigh, making me stumble to the ground, a scream tearing from my throat. No! This is not the time to cry and shout. I had to get out of here. Using every ounce of strength in me, I forced myself to get up, and started limping away.

*Twang!*

This time, the arrow did not hit me. But it hit the ground. A few centimetres away from me. I was safe. That was the third arrow. I collapsed onto the ground, pain overtaking me.

"Come on. Let's get you home." I heard the faint voice of Nayeon, and a hand pulling me up onto a car, before I slipped into the darkness.

Mina's pov

"I'm in no mood to fight anymore. Please inform Jungkook that today, victory is his. But know that I will not allow it the next time." The girl, whom gave me the information on Y/N nodded and shot me a sickly sweet smile. "Alright!"

Wiping away my tears, I turned to Joy. "You spared her. You showed her mercy." Joy was a marksman. It was impossible that she would have missed. "Yes. I spared her. I apologise, Miss Myoui, if that was not what you wanted." Joy bowed to me. "It's fine. Let's go back. You will not tell anyone I have cried today. No one. Not even my father." I instructed my other mafia members who nodded solemnly.

"Do you want the girl—Y/N dead?" Taehyung asks. Pursuing my lips, I shook my head. I'm already in love with her. I would never want her dead. "My father would, if he hears of this."

"Do we report this to him, Miss Myoui?"

"We were ordered to report to him everything that happens today. I don't think I can disobey my father's orders no matter how much I love Y/N." I watch as the Devastators' team left the scene.

"Joy. I would like for you to accompany me in my room when we get back, while Taehyung informs my father of today's events."

"Yes, Miss Myoui."

Nobody's pov

"Did you do it?" Jungkook swivels around on his chair. "I did. Where's my money?" Sana demands. "Sehun, would you please present Miss Minatozaki with her reward?" Sehun hands Sana a bag of money.

"It's funny how you manage to betray Kim Y/N so easily like that. I thought you were quite attached to her in the past." Jungkook's words make Sana clasp the bag of money tighter.

"Friendship. Love. They are all such an inconvenience and a mere obstacle to achieving what I want. They distract me. I prefer to work alone. You do not have to care about my life. Goodbye, Mr Jeon." Sana did not look back as she walked out of the room.

"A fine warrior, that Sana. Emotionless, cruel, thirsty for power and money. Just the person we need." Jungkook sighs thoughtfully.

"She betrays easily. And only goes to those who provide her with more money." Sehun replies.

"Never mind. She is not one of our concerns. You may begin the torturing of our little assassin."

Sehun smirks.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr Jeon."

——————————————————

A/N: *dun dun dunnnnn* ultimate betrayal !!!! Vote and comment~ Also I really liked writing this chapter altho it's kind of a filler but nvm