7

"How far away is the target?"

"Five meters and closing in."

"Ugh, how much longer are we gonna wait?"

"I'm in position."

"So am I."

"Go!"

You jump towards the unsuspecting cat together with the rest of the Genins but stopped once you were a foot away from it and let the others catch it instead.
I'm too lazy for this shit sorry.

"Remember, our target has a ribbon that says tiger on the right ear. Make sure there's no mistake."

"Don't worry it smells just like the cloth the woman gave us."

"Confirmed."

-x-

"Poor tiger! Good little kitty. I was so worried about you, I could have died."

The fat woman says as she squeezes the life out of the poor cat.

Those are the kind of human I hate the most. Those who think they own the life of others and treat them like shit. I could kill her right here right now.

"(Y/n), are you ok?" Kakashi asks gently squeezing your right shoulder. He had noticed you tense and your bloodthirst.

"I'm fine." You say as you gently shrug his hand off your shoulder.

But I wouldn't.

"Now, the next assignment is.. to babysit for the elders.... to run errands to the neighboring village.."

Huh I wouldn't mind running errands. It's been a long while since I last went out from the village.

"..to help dig up potatoes."

"No way! No thank you!! Give us something different to do! Something important! Something amazing!"

I couldn't care less tbh.

"Don't be a fool! You're only a beginner! Everyone starts doing grunt work. It's where you get experience so you can work your way up to bigger things."

"We've done tons of small stuff! We need some action."

"Naruto that's enough! Knock it off." Kakashi hits the back of Naruto's head.

"Apparently Naruto needs an explanation of what these duties are."

Cue the boring monologue.

"Hmm, I had pork ramen yesterday so should I go for miso or the other one?"

"You should go for miso and try to avoid pork. I don't know what it tastes like but I do know that it has lots of fat and you don't want to get extra fat in your body do you?"

"Hm, good point (y/n)."

"..are you listening!"

"Nope." You answer but get a smack on the head by Kakashi.

"What? He asked." You say rubbing your head.

It's been a few weeks since the bell test and you got a bit more open.
They also got used to you. Whenever you 'threaten' to eat them they just laugh it off now much to your dismay. A few weeks ago when you jokingly threaten them they would pale and look like they just shit themselves but now they don't even flinch at the sight of your kakugan.

"I don't want to hear it! All the old fart ever does is apologise and then give me a lecture. But it's not fair! There's more to me than the trouble-making screw up the old man thinks I am."