9

You sigh in relief that you could finally rest your body. Sagging in your position in the boat, Sakura quickly takes notice of your hunched shoulders and asks in a hushed tone. "Are you ok (y/n)?" She holds your back noticing your back was leaning backwards.
"Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit tired." You rub your eyes trying to stop it from closing. It's been a while since your body withstood damage and poison so your very tired. Like very.
But I guess that's what happens when you get pampered for 4 years and only get to eat once only every 3 months so there's that too.
You missed being able to eat as much as you wanted to. You didn't care about the wounds your dad would inflict to you every training. You just wished you were pampered as much as you were back then with food.

"T-then, do you want to maybe.. lean to.." Sakura stutters nervously looking down her hand surprisingly stable with her being nervous. "Sure." She snaps her head at you surprised you agreed. Her whole time in the academy she knew you were never one that liked conversing with other people. In a sense you were like Sasuke-kun but more feared instead of loved.
She feared you Yes but she also found you fascinating. She found how ghouls had different types of Kagune fascinating. Yes she actually went to the library to look for books about ghouls. It was fun.
She found looking for the shifts in your expression fun. It was like playing a game, finding out what expression you had behind your mask. In her academy days she found out you were very prideful and thought others were below you.

And soon it became a habit. Whenever something happened in the classroom her eyes would subconsciously hover to you. She doesn't like to admit it but she might have looked at you much more frequently than she did to Sasuke.
And over all of that she envied you. She envied how you walked so graceful. With an air of confidence around you at all times. Almost like Ino. You reminded her of Ino. But you were different, she knew you were different. You were hated and feared. Not loved and adored. She pitied you for that too.

And when you went to the academy for the first time without a mask her breath was knocked out of her lungs that day.
Eyes wide and lips parted. She took in everything, how your lips were pink and glossy and how you almost always had a smirk on.
And God! When you smirked at them she swore she melted right there and then. It was just like when Sasuke would smirk in her direction. She looked at your mask line just below your eyes. It was thin and fading. She wouldn't have found it if she wasn't looking for it. She loved how even though you had imperfections in your face you still looked beautiful. Unlike Sasuke-kun. She never found imperfections in him. She idolised you. She may have loved Sasuke-kun but she idolised you.

"Thanks.." You murmur drowsily as she scooted closer to you, a bright smile adorning her face. You lean you head on her shoulders and quickly closed your eyes tuning out everything else. Naruto's obnoxious voice, Sasuke glancing in your direction subtly with a frown, Kakashi staying in one page longer than necessary, Tazuna's obnoxious nagging and the slow drift of water.
Everything gone. Just you slowly drifting asleep. And Sakura's gentle hand on your head.

~~

You woke up groggily blinking the sleep from your eyes when Sakura shook you awake saying you were already in your destination.
You walked to the pier with a straight stance gracefully walking there as if you weren't just asleep a few seconds ago with Sakura falling into step with Sasuke.

You walk slightly behind Naruto when you suddenly smell a faint scent you were painstakingly familiar with, alerting your nerves waking you up completely. Zabuza and Haku. Naruto threw shurikens towards the bush where the scent was coming from.
A white winter bunny comes out from the bush making you irk in annoyance.
Is he mocking me? Does he think I'm stupid? That asshole!

"Zabuza show yourself!" You shout with an irked expression glaring at the air. Kakashi seemed to tense at your words.
You don't ask for Haku to show himself. They must have had a reason to be here tailing you. And if it was because of you Haku would've shown himself. So you don't call him out.

There was a short silent pause before a figure flickers a good distance away from you. It's Zabuza.
"Ma, ma, to see Hime-sama like this. What a coincidence." Zabuza smirks, his tone laced with a mocking tone while he nonchalantly holds his sword behind his back over his shoulder as if not deeming any of you as a threat.
"Oh, Hime-sama! What happened? You look horrible!"

"Ugh.. you know what happened Zabuza. State your business!" You glare at him in annoyance crossing your arms over your breast.
You wanted this to end already and hope to see him.
"Oh, is Hime-sama having a bad day?" An irk appears over your brow and you stomp the ground hard enough for it to crack making the Genins that were quiet just now make a varied nose of surprise.

"As you can see I am not certainly in the mood to play with you so state your business." You growl at him.
He points his sword slowly to your direction more serious than earlier and grumbles,

"I'm here for the old guy."