10

I stare at him blankly as a tense silence follows up his statement. I knew that's what he was here for, but I didn't want to acknowledge it. I didn't want to fight him. I like my limbs intact thank you. Plus, I don't want to accidentally incapacitate him or break his spine.

That was fun.

Yes it was quite memorable.

His screams, the sound of bones breaking! And especially-

"You're guarding that old guy right?" He asks a quite obvious question making you deadpan at him.
You exaggeratedly roll your eyes at him your body slightly moving with the motion.

"Uh, no I'm not why do you think that? It was just a coincidence I found him-of course I was assigned to guard him idiot what else did you think I was doing beside this old fuck?!" You shout at the end irked at his idiocy. Sakura looks at you almost pleadingly but a mostly exasperated expression.

"Now, now, (y/n). Let's not aggravate the enemy any further~" Kakashi rests his hand on your head a telltale he's warning you not to do anything that would worsen the situation. But you can't show weakness in front of Zabuza. He'll tease you about softening up and it's goddamn fucking annoying.
You slap his hand out and glare at Zabuza daring him to smirk under that godforsaken bandage. And he does! OH FUCK THAT GUY I GUESS HAKU'S GONNA HAVE TO FIX A FUCKING BONE IN THE END OF THIS FIGHT!
You quickly flicker to him two Kagune's appearing behind you and when you were about to break his shin, Kakashi flickers in front of you making you stop abruptly as he parries Zabuza's sword with just one kunai.

Your eyebrows twitch in irritation of getting interrupted but you stay at his back wordlessly with your Kagune at the ready.
"Stay back (y/n)." He demands with a tone of authority he used when he was a captain in the Anbu.
You opened your mouth in retaliation but he gives you a stern gaze over his shoulder. Somehow Zabuza's letting the two of you have your moment instead of cutting Kakashi in half and he's probably gonna keep nagging about this to you.
You scowl at Kakashi but the reason behind it was more of Zabuza existing and mutter, "I'll support you when I can."

He looks back at the opponent as you stay at a safe distance between the group and the two ex-Anbu. You sense Zabuza's chakra appearing near the group and you quickly flicker in the middle of the group and push a hand through the water clone's chest going through his back. You push the clone out of your arm slowly and let it splash to your already battered yukata and ask,
"Are you ok everyone?".

The group was at a fair distance from you. They probably jumped away from the clone earlier, that kind of reflex would probably help them in the future. You muse to yourself and inspect everyone finding varied expressions of relief.

"Hurry and regroup around Tazuna-san! (Y/n)! You guard the back!." Sakura starts barking commands perplexing you for a moment before you nod and stand in the back with your Kagune at the ready. Making me guard the back like that.. you sure know what your doing bubblegum.
With my Kagune, I can cover almost all sides so sending me to the back is the wisest decision to make. Looks like all those reading you did in the academy wasn't all for naught.

You stop your musing and make a water clone commanding her to support your teacher but not really attack Zabuza, just enough to tire him out so Haku could save his ass. "Go support Kakashi-sensei for me Mizu." Your clone nods at you blankly before sprinting to the scene.
"..I might have to use this." Kakashi murmurs and moves his headband over his eye showing three pinwheels. Ah it's the sharingan.
"Ma, to face the sharingan like this is truly is an honour.." What? As if being able to guard me wasn't already an honour..
You pull a sour face. "But, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to kill you first." Don't forget about me damnit! You frown.

He suddenly disappears and reappear on the water doing his infamous handsign. God, talk about extra. You roll your eyes at him for the second time. Soon mist covers the place making it hard to see.

"He'll come after me first. Momochi Zabuza of the Kirigakure assassin corps is a famous master of the art of silent killing. Letting your guard down around him buys you a direct trip to heaven. I haven't necessarily mastered every aspect of the sharingan so all of you stay alert!" Kakashi barks at your team making them instantly tense at Kakashi's warning. Though, Kakashi should've said that to him in his first shift of guarding me when I was small.

-flashback-

"Are you really sure he can protect me father?" I ask my father skeptically as I let my small round eyes condescendingly wander from the big build of the guy called Zabuza to the pretty boy beside him who looks like he could barely lift a twig.

He smiles at me once our eyes meet and i instantly hold a sleeve over my mouth hiding a sneer at this overly friendly rouge ninja. Tsk, I bet he's gonna die in the first hour somebody attacks me.

"Now, now, (y/n)-chan~ let's not judge their ability shall we? I heard they're the best of the best so you don't have to worry." I look up to my father's blurry face and look down to his resting hand on my shoulder. I didn't notice he was crouching until I looked down to his hand.
I'm not small! He didn't need to crouch!

"Well, I have to go to now so if you don't mind, please be friendly with them!" Father smiles at me with a knowing look one more time and squeezes my shoulder before disappearing into thin air.

X X X

I look down from my position in the wedge in the roof with the same condescending expression as my clone.The best of the best my ass, he hasn't even noticed me yet! At this point the pretty one looks like he's better than that guy! I sigh internally in my small sassy mind.

-end flashback-

I smirk at the memory of my first time meeting them. That was a fun one.