23.

You know when life suddenly changes. Changes for good. Changes for something amazing, something out of this world kind of amazing. It happened to me. It happened to me in the shape of a man. A man who treated me respect, love and kindness. A man who looked after me yet gave me the freedom to fly and follow my dreams and today one of my biggest dreams was about to come alive.

'You look breathtaking beautiful Ayat...he is going to lose his mind when he sees you' Haya looked at me as I stared myself in the mirror dressed in the most stunning wedding attire a girl could ever dream of wearing. It was everything I wanted in my wedding dress and more.

'Aunty just called me to see how you're doing' Haya told me about Hamza's mother. She and I became so close in the last few months and I felt she was more of my mother than his. She supported me throughout the most special part of my life, not only did she looked after me, she took care of Haya like her own children providing her with guidance and care throughout.

'What did you tell her?' I asked Haya.

'I told her you can't wait to see her son' She giggled, and I flushed.

'Are you scared?' She asked me when I didn't give her a reply.

'No...I don't have anything to be scared of' I turned my head around to face her. Maybe it was just me, but it was crazy to see how responsible Haya had become in the last few months, she still had a playful personality, but she was less hyper and overall smarter about things.

'I am going to miss this place' She sighed.

'Me too...but we'll come back here to visit the place...' I promised her.

'I wish Papa and Mama were here to see you' Her voice cracked, and I went up to her to hug her.

'They are watching over us, they will always be with us Haya' I patted her back. Just then my phone rang, and I saw Hamza's name flashing on the screen.

'I'll give you some privacy' She winked and went out of my room to be with the guests.

'Hi' He said as soon as I answered his call. Just listening to his voice alone did something to my heart.

'You are okay right?' He asked me. He went back home after the college program ended to get everything set for me and Haya. He returned two days ago but to keep up with the tradition we weren't allowed to see each other before the wedding.

'I am fine...are you okay?' I asked him.

'I am the happiest I have ever been' He replied, and I couldn't help myself from blushing.

'You are blushing, aren't you?' He asked me, and I looked in the hallway and then outside the window.

'How did you...' I started.

'I just know' He answered for me. I heard a knock on the door and I saw Hafiza aunty.

'I have to go...' I told him as I walked towards her to allow her in.

'Don't make me wait' He said to me.

'I won't' I smiled again.

'See you soon' He said at last as we ended the call.

'May you always smile like this' Hafiza Aunty gave me her blessing.

'Thank you' I told her.

'We should get going now...Karim called me, he said most of the guests are already at the venue' She informed me.

'I am ready' I told her, and we all left to go to the venue. Everyone was talking about how fantastic the how beautiful the venue was when we arrived there. Attention to detail was above and beyond anything I could have hoped for. When I entered inside, my eyes spotted Hamza right away just like how he spotted me straightaway. Hamza smiled in my direction and whispered something to Karim Sir who was standing near him.