1 | Best Friend's Man

Your name was called out.

You immediately knew who it was. The loud soprano voice that caused more than a few men to turn their heads—if they weren't already looking at her because of her looks.

Your best friend, Gina Marshal.

"Gina," you looked at Gina and her too youthful face. Gina was the perfect ideal woman, but she was your best friend and you loved her to death.

Her red hair, her green eyes, her red lips, that perfect C-cup breasts with a 26 inch waist and sexy hips really called out all the eyes of males on her, but sadly, and finally, Gina had gotten herself a man.

Someone had finally been able to steal her heart away, or had been able to win her affections long enough to have her call it actually officials.

It was not such an uncommon thing for you to meet her boyfriend—thought you usually called them by their real title, 'boy-toy', as it was more accurate term for them. You had given up many years ago that she would have a real lover, that lasted longer than two weeks.

That was until you met Gina's current boyfriend...

Now he was going to last long.

He could have been the one.

⚜️

"Hi!"

Your eyes turned wide—larger than they actually should be.

"Hi...", you tried to say it as less awkward as you could. Your plump little body kind of squirmed at a male giving you an intense happy attention.

"Jin don't scare her." Gina frowned as she knew you were getting slightly intimidated by not only his proximity but his friendliness. "What did I tell you about that!" She snapped as she smacked his head. "Did I not warn you to do that?"

There was one thing about Gina that shocked many people was that Gina was overprotective of her best friend, you.

It was shocking, you guessed to other humans.

Gina, physically, did not look like the type to be caring and protective and sincere of others around her, but she was. If it was a movie, Gina would be the popular mean girl.

Gina was very misunderstood by many—both girls and boys.

Since elementary, she had few female friends and you had been the only female that had been willing to stick by her and see who she was past the shiny outside. In addition girls usually got too jealous of Gina.

As a true female friend to Gina, she adored and pampered you. You were kind, warm and soft. So when it came to you, Gina was a vicious mama tiger. You were the one person she could not lose.

"Gina, it's fine." You smiled to reassure her. She didn't seem to trust your words.

You had a slight phobia to flirty men but you were trying to overcome it. Though the man in front of you was overly beautiful and this it felt like you were watching an artwork more than a human being. It was not as intimidating, not when he wasn't ten centimeters away from you.

"No, honey, if you don't like him, just tell me." Gina pursed her lips together. Her plump lips were glossed to perfection and you admired them as always.

Gina was a person that naturally attracted many people's appreciation. Gina wore a dark red peplum shirt with a black pencil skirt.

"No, Gina is right. It was my fault. If you feel uncomfortable just let me know." He smiled, his smile dashing and very captivating. Physically, he was perfect for your best friend. "My name is Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin. How do you do?"

"I'm well." And you told him your name. He smiled that perfect smile, with his perfect row of teeth. You could not help but wonder how perfection could be so easy for him, and also Gina. "You're very...pretty."

"Oh, thank you."

"Well, I'm famished!" Gina happily chirped her smile reaching her eyes, and Jin admired that. The friendship between you and her was lovely and admirable. "Let's go eat!"

"Okay." Jin smiled. "Where to?" He seemed to immediately brighten up and you knew that he loved food, just like Gina. "Honey, what do you want to eat?"

You looked at Gina and then her boyfriend.

Then back at Gina and then back at her new boyfriend, not boy toy but boyfriend, lover.

You could see how similar they were, but different too.

They were both looking at you intently with expecting eyes. Their sparkling beautiful eyes with their beautiful face and gorgeous perfect features stared at you and if you were not by Gina, you would have turned into a puddle.

"Uh...anything?" Your voice was small but the two's perfect ears had perfect hearing and frowned. By their reactions, it seemed that the two shared their affinity for food. They were foodies.

"No. Decide." Gina's slender hands grabbed your hand as she took you out the cafe. You looked back to notice that Seokjin followed without much change in expression. He did look at his phone and chuckle at something.

That smile, you hoped that it was true because it was the most beautiful smile in the world.

⚜️

Between their words of affections you felt out of place.

The thing was all the words were for you—not for each other.

"I'm down for pasta." You said something random.

"Don't lie. I know you. You don't like pasta." Gina claimed the moment you had said pasta.

Gina knew you well. You had loved pasta but that had been all you ate in college that you now didn't want any on a daily basis. And you had already had gnocchi with pesto a few days ago, but you hoped Gina didn't know about that.

"I love Italian food." You murmured softly. It was no lie, but what Gina had said was true too.

"You like Italian food, but not pasta." Gina hummed as a matter of fact. Gina was always right. She was seldom wrong.

"Don't be shy," Jin called out as he looked at you and Gina through the back mirror as he drove. You and Gina was sitting in the back of his fancy car as he drove wherever he pleased since they had yet to decide on the food.

"Then, well I never had Ethiopian food, there's supposedly a new place down the street past the karaoke on 8th street." You suggested.

"Ooh," Jin had his eyes widen and there was a sparkle in them when he heard food. He had liked your suggestion. "You know my friend had it the other day. He was a pig so he ate it all."

"Okay take us there Jin." Gina hummed before giving you her full attention.

She back to whispering gossip in your ears and just asking you bunch of questions about your day.

Gina was your best friend and you prayed Jin didn't hurt her because you were also very protective of your best friend.