17 | Quietly & Secretly

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks, you had been living quietly in your new home without trouble. You had been mannerly enough to keep your distance, and to also keep your curiosity in check. If it didn't belong to you, you didn't touch it.

Overall, in general, you didn't want to be rude. No one liked having their things touched, that was common sense.

That didn't stop you from wondering though...your mind was much too curious for that. You wondered what kind of person you were sharing the house with. You wondered what kind of job would cause a man have to have such strange work schedules. It was erratic and one week was never the same.

You mainly kept to the bathroom and your private room. The only time you really went out was for a shower, which was not available in your bathroom. It didn't really bother you though. You had a sink and toilet in your room and generally that was all you needed. Other than the bathroom, kitchen and living room, you didn't really venture out to explore the house.

You maintained an adequate amount of space because the last thing you wanted was to be a nuisance.

Although you did take advantage of the backyard. You would sometimes sit outside in the backyard, in the shade and eat breakfast. It had an ample yard with a large tree that provided shade and a bush of rose of Sharon nearby. You went out to enjoy the quiet, because usually, it was always quiet, especially in the morning or afternoon. It was also hard to stay away from the beauty of nature.

Like Jin had informed you couple of weeks ago, the housemates that you lived with, you were sure there were two, was rarely home. Indeed they had very strange schedule.

Sometimes you would wake up before the sunrise because there was noise in the hallway, mostly the sound of someone hitting or bumping into the walls or corners, or even the doorknobs. They would always softly grumble before rushing out or rushing in, you could never tell. They were always rushing, as if they were always in a hurry. And you were always quick to fall back to sleep since it was so early.

Which was how you figures out that there was two men. You were pretty sure, approximately 89.99999% sure that there was two men, because you heard two distinct voices at times. It was either that or there were multiple people in one body. That could happen. It wasn't impossible, just extremely rare.

Still you were safe to bet that it was two men who you shared this large house with. Considering the large abode, the house still had room for more people to join, but that was your own thought.

It wasn't your house.

If there was any problems it was taking a shower. Over all, showering was no problem. Nobody used the bathroom that was right across from you but it never gave you the comfort to be really free and use the shower. It wasn't that you were scared that someone was going to sneak in to see you shower.

It was just...you thought it was better to be mindful when you took a shower, such as making sure your undergarments don't drop on the way or you don't leave tangle of your hair in the sink or tub.

You were just being careful. Or so you told yourself but you weren't exactly sure why it had to be like this.

⚜️

Yoongi sighed, deep in thought.

Something's off...

He didn't know what, or how, but he knew to trust his gut-feeling.

"What are you staring at?" Namjoon in turn stared at Yoongi, who was staring deeply in thought into the refrigerator, which was filled with food—some fresh fruit, and vegetables. "Why do you look so serious when you're looking at food?"

The older didn't respond to the younger, he just kept staring at what was before him. Namjoon went to stand next to Yoongi and stared with him, until he got hungry, his stomach making a gurgled noise in objection.

Looking in deeper, this time actually looking for something for his hunger, he found something tasty.

"Juice...or yogurt." Namjoon mumbled, his body tired but mind awake, under his breath. He was talking to himself, deciding on whether or not he would drink the yogurt drink or the apple juice to start his morning, or afternoon.

"Namjoon." Yoongi's eyes watched carefully as the other grabbed the juice box from the rack on the side of the refrigerator door.

"What?" He replied as he stuck the straw into the hole, rather aggressively, more than necessary.

"Did you buy that?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

Namjoon blinked, wholly confused, as Yoongi pointed to the juice box he was so happily slurping.

"Uh..." Namjoon stopped drinking for a moment, the straw slipping out of his mouth, as he hummed out loud, "I...you know, I don't think so."

Thinking about it, Namjoon soon realized that he had not gone grocery shopping in a rather long time. He didn't really grocery shop often anyway, but it had been a very long time. He wasn't the type to cook since he was absolutely useless at it, and it was the reason he was homeless in the first place. Even if he did, Namjoon usually bought microwaveable or mooched off Seokjin at the hospital.

Which meant that he was usually not grocery shopping. Which also meant he was not the one who bought the juice.

"Wait." Namjoon blinked, seriously confused about the whole situation as he looked at the juice box. His extremely high IQ really was useless at times. "Whose juice am I drinking?" Namjoon went back to drinking the sweet concoction because he needed the sugar, although he was feeling slightly guilty. "Is it yours?"

Yoongi sighed at Namjoon's sincerity. Namjoon was confused even more.

Had Yoongi sighed because he was right? Or because of...what? The response from the older male was only confusing him even more.

"No." Yoongi also had not gone grocery shopping in a while. Not for fresh food at least.

"Uh...it's not mine..." Namjoon replied as he threw away the juice box in the proper bin. He was still a little confused.

"Namjoon," Yoongi shut the door to the cool box, to conserve further energy, but his facial expression turned even more serious. "That's why I asked."

"You're just stressed. Don't worry about it. It's food and its not expired or spoiling." Namjoon brushed off the worry that etched unto Yoongi's face. Then a loud alarm went off, forcing Namjoon to look at the watch. "Crap! I have to go. I have a long shift this week, so I'll see you probably in three days. I think Jin and Hoseok wanted to meet sometimes soon."

"Yeah, yeah." Yoongi replied, but he couldn't help but feel that something was out of place.

Namjoon was right though, they had work and he also needed to go to court today.

Whatever was up would have to wait till when he was more free.

⚜️

Wink. Wink.