7 | Heaven's Chance

It was a busy day at the hospital. Yet, Seokjin found himself being bothered by someone he didn't expect to be bothered by.

Namjoon.

"Will you give up?" Seokjin sighed, his ears bleeding from the amount of times he had heard Namjoon be him for your number. At first he had found it interesting that the clumsy male, that was much too busy and focused on his carreer, to even think about a female being—romantically.

"Come on, Hyung!" Namjoon was begging—he was. It was to the point that he had no problem with his now nonexisting pride. At this point, if he had to grovel, he would. "I need to know. Why can't you tell me?"

"One, that's creepy." His eyes almost beady as he looked at Namjoon. "You groped her." He hissed loudly to which Namjoon flinched and looked around as they were at work at the hospital, specifically near his department, where kids were. Seokjin rolled his sparkling chestnut eyes before continuing, "Two, I can't."

"Why not?" He was desperate—truly.
Seokjin considered him again, his feet stopping to look at the male that was trailing after him, like a lst puppy. It was bad. Namjoon had it bad, really badly desperately so.

Even if Seokjin could not tell by the male's face, he could tell by Namjoon's action. Namjoon was in fact at work, in his more casual clothes, begging him for your phone number, or even email, on his off-day. And this was after an 84 hour shift. Usually, at this time, Namjoon would be at home, sleeping for an entire day, before waking up to enjoy what would be the last few hours of sunlight before eating and sleeping again.

It was also one thing for Namjoon to be up but for Namjoon to come back to the hospital during his off-hours was off. The things that Namjoon did after a long shift at the hospital was something he did habitually and on instinct. For him to go against that and come back to the place of work—as much as the male lived to help—spoke loudly.

Seokjin sighed, his head tilting up to look at the ceiling before his eyes fell down to look at Namjoon's pouty face.

"Please...hyung."

The older was not quite sure if the puppy face worked for Namjoon. It wasn't necessarily not cute but it also wasn't cute. And currently he was dating the queen of puppy face.

"Namjoon, it's not that I don't want to." Jin finally explained as they moved past the nurse's station, grabbing the file that they had wanted him to look at.

"Then what?" Namjoon stared at Seokjin as if he was denying a baby puppy his favorite ball toy. The look on his face made the older surgeon guilty for not being able to assist the male in his romantic endeavors.

Seokjin sighed, as he crossed his arm.

"I can't give it to you because I don't have her number. I don't know it." At first Seokjin had not told him because it had been rather amusing for him to see Namjoon grovel, but now it was slightly pitiful.

"Huh...?" Namjoon's face pulled back.

"Joon..." Jin sighed, once more, but this time a longer explanation. "Look, Gina is protective and she will not give me her dumpling's number."

⚜️

Namjoon dragged his feet against the sidewalk, his feet at times kicking a few loose gravel or rocks. The grown man was doing this with a large pout that most kids stopped doing after reaching their teen years.

He knew the chance of actually running into you after that accidental meeting was slim, but he couldn't help but to be near the place he had last seen you. He needed to see you. Ice cream would have been nice, but he really only wanted to see you. Just the thought of you brought a smile to Namjoon's face and uplifted his mood. He was too into it, too into you, and he knew it, but he could not stop what had already happened.