30 | The Talk Pt. 3

Back at home...

Now you were staring at the white ceiling above you, counting the dots that weren't actually there. Despite that you kept losing count blamed on the small throbs caused by your ongoing headache or migraine.

You were not crying anymore, which kind of shocked you since usually after thinking or meeting anyone relating to Lucas and Lisa, well...you would be sad all day. Tears were obvious, ugly sobbing was optional, but sulking mandatory. Sulking was always mandatory.

Not this time though—surprisingly.

This time, after you had saw Lucas and separated from Gina after assuring her that you would be fine, you had only cried for an hour. It surprised and also shocked you. It concerned you too. The tears that had been spilled today was because of the memory of it and also because of the remnants of what he and Lisa did to you.

Yet, this time, everything regarding Lisa and Lucas had been superficial. Tears had been short and few.

Yet, this time...was completely unlike the other times before.

There was something different about today.

Because usually after spiraling into the depths of pity and sorrow, you would be there for awhile, sometimes even lasting two weeks. You would be there until Gina would barge inside, her hands full of goodies and sweets to cheer you up, but today, you felt...okay.

It was strange but a strange comfort.

⚜️

The moment Namjoon and Yoongi slammed the door from the garage open, they had done a quick scan of the house.

It only took a glance to know you weren't there. Their eyes would know.

You took their attention solely, and so easily.

The darkness of the house overall was like the representation of their mood. Their faces were dark, moody and their was shadow over them that was  unlike their usual faces.

Namjoon headed to where he could see the light seep out from the hallway. He was silent as he went, just as Yoongi.

Yoongi followed, his eyes set on the walls and surroundings. He was trying to keep himself distracted from the turmoils inside of him, which was raging inside of him like a thunderous storm.

There was a lot in his mind as he had drove. There were so many questions that was swirling inside his brain about this boy named Lucas. A romance long time ago, one that ended badly, he knew that, but there was something about the way that Gina had talked about him that extremely bothered him.

It was as if he—that idiot Lucas fellow—was still in your heart.

Namjoon arrived first to the bathroom, where the door had been open wide, where Yoongi assumed you were there. Yoongi slowly walked to the doorway, his eyes slowly going to you.

The two of them had taken a moment to look at you—in your loose clothes, in the bathroom, face and outlining hair wet from the recent face wash.

You were a little shocked and a little embarrassed as you greeted them quietly.

"Welcome home."

You looked haggard. That was the first thing they noticed.

Although they had a lot of things to say to you, none of them, neither Yoongi nor Namjoon had anything to say to you. Or they couldn't.

Yoongi had become quiet, his eyes staring at you, studying you as he usually like to do, but this time there was a melancholy-ness that you could discern in his brown eyes.

Namjoon had stammered, sighing and starting to speak before sighing again, as if he had been unable to find the words to a sentence, other than your name. Instead, after exchanging a look with Yoongi, whom had nodded silently, an exchange that was only understood by them, Namjoon lifted you in his arms, causing you to yelp softly, and took you out to your room. At your room, he let you on the bed, sitting to the right, while Yoongi silently sat to the left.

The silence was palpable.

You felt only the need to stare at blankly at your hands.

Yoongi had been the first person to speak. His voice soft, and tense. His eyes were warm, yet there was a heat in them that you could see.

"Who did you meet today..."

He knew? How?

Looking at the both of them, you knew that both of them knew. Is that why they had come home, almost angry? Not at you...but for you?

You wondered why and how these men were thinking of you. Your lips got tight, as your tears filled in your eyes, but you refused for them to fall. No more, it wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth it.

You shook your head. You didn't want to bother them about it. And why would they want to know about Lucas?

"No," Namjoon was firm, the skin over his jaws tight. "You need to talk about this. And we need—want—to know about him."

It was the first time you saw Namjoon like this, so tense, so firm with you. You had never seen him with interns or residents. You had never seen him in his doctor facade. Just like how you had never seen Yoongi as a lawyer.

And these two knew about him.

Lucas had been the cause of your tears for the past several years. Nearly for half a decade, you had been plagued by the nightmare of his betrayal and his adultery.

"H-How?" You stuttered.

Namjoon wove his fingers in your open hands, so weak in his own. He sighed. "Precious...it doesn't matter how. What matters is you?"

"Kitty, I don't like seeing you sad." Yoongi let his forehead bump into your shoulder, a soft shudder traveling your spine silently.

Both Yoongi and Namjoon would concur that the first emotion they felt, when they heard Seokjin's girlfriend fume about Lucas and how he had come to bother her Dumpling, was confusion, hurt and anger.

First, they had never thought about you and your ex boyfriends or lovers. They had completely—either by will or unconsciously—purged it from their mind. It wasn't that they had thought you would have been single your entire life, or anything like that. They just had never thought about it. Their confusion stemmed from this reason.

Second, since the time they knew you, not once had you mentioned if you had a boyfriend, nor did you find their pursue for your heart revolting. They had assumed you had been single, after all with how kind and wonderful you are, you would have told them if you were with another. And if you were, and they were moving your heart, that was an entirely different conversation.

Third, and lastly, if not the most important, was that neither Namjoon and Yoongi had thought to know that you had been hurting all this time. From the brief shouts that came from Gina, you harbored a pain from a past love, and they had been hounding you like wolves in heat. If anything they were angry at themselves.