it

LISA.

"do you have anything for headaches?" i asked the lady behind the counter.

"here." she said as she handed three tablets. i thanked her and gave my payment before leaving the pharmacy.

i inhaled deeply as the cold breeze embraced me the moment i stepped outside.

i skipped along the alley, hearing the sounds of chattering, clinking, and sizzling as i passed by a soju place.

it wasn't long until i stopped to my tracks when i heard a familiar voice— so familiar that it reminded me of a person with a voice i used to be fond of.

something was telling me to turn back and enter that resto. as if my feet had a mind of their own, they turned back until i just found myself going inside that tent.

the smell of alcohol and grilled meat instantly entered my system as i stepped into the tented restaurant.

my eyes searched for a a certain person until i heard that voice again which made my head turn that direction.

"one more bottle please~"

jungkook.

he looked like a mess— his hair was all dishevelled, eyes looking red and sullen, his shirt unbuttoned on the first two buttons.

what could he be doing here at this hour? and why the hell does he look like that?

without thinking twice, i made my way towards him.

"ahjumma! one more please!" he chimed with his sluggish voice.

"jungkook? what are you doing here? shouldn't you be at home already?" i asked.

"oh, you're here just now?" he asked, my nose scrunching at the smell of alcohol reeking from his breath.

"what took you so long, chaeng?" he asked as he pouted, later then replaced by a grin showing his bunny teeth.

my heart was shattered to pieces.

of course, how could i forget it? it was chaeyoung all along. he didn't love me at all. i shouldn't be affected by now but i still don't know why this is happening to me.

"l-let's go. i should get you home. you're drunk." i tried to compose myself and stopped myself from crying as i carried him by the shoulder.

"you're leaving already? he just ordered a bottle." a middle-aged woman with a soju bottle on a tray approached us.

"no ahjumma, i think he's had enough. here, keep the change." i said as i handed her the payment.

"ah, you must be his girlfriend. he's been sulking all alone and calling your name. he must've missed you so much." she said.

oh.

he must love chaeyoung that much.

"no, i-i'm not his girlfriend." i said, shaking my head.

"there's no need to deny it, dear. you look really pretty, lisa-ssi. take care of your boyfriend, okay?" she said, leaving a smile before turning away.

how did she know my name?

"he's been sulking all alone and calling your name." ahjumma's voice repeated in my head.

no, it can't be. chaeyoung is his girlfriend. jungkook doesn't love me.

and the thought of it just made my heart ache.

"fuck. now's not the time for crying, lisa." i told myself and wiped my tears as i looked at the drunk guy beside me.

"where's your place?" i asked him as soon as we left the resto and entered a taxi cab.

"hmm... you smell nice..." i was frozen on my spot as he placed his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me.

i felt chills along my spine as i felt his breath on my neck.

i turned to the window, trying to stop my tears from falling.

why are you doing this to me, jungkook?

i ended up taking him to our place since he fell asleep on the cab and yunhyeong was on a business trip for 3 days.

"how have you gotten this heavy?" i groaned as i dragged him towards the bed and removed his shoes.

i sat beside him and stared at his beautiful features.

i missed staring at his face this close.

my gaze went from his long lashes to his pointy nose, then to his lips.

looking at him made me remember all those moments we shared before.

and it made my heart ache once again, thinking that they couldn't be repeated anymore.

"fuck it." i stood up and wiped my tears until i felt something grab me by the hand and pulled me towards the bed.

"i missed you." he said, arms wrapped around me and my head on his chest. i could clearly hear the beat of his heart.

i just hope he doesn't hear how fast and loud mine is.

wait no, this is wrong. this is all wrong.

"jungkook—"

"please just for a minute. let's stay like this for a minute." he said, which sounded more like he pleaded.

the next minute was filled with complete silence, until i heard him sobbing.

"a-are you crying?" i asked and sat up only to see him crying. "hey why are you crying?"

i started to panic internally, this is the first time i saw him crying and i don't know what to do.

he sat up in front of me and held my face close to him.

i don't know what has happened to me, why i felt like i have been paralyzed and can't even think properly. is it because of those brown eyes staring back at me?

maybe at this moment i didn't anymore care if everything else was a lie. if all his feelings for me were all a lie, or if he thinks i am chaeyoung right now.

at this moment, i felt selfish. i wanted to be truly happy and felt being loved by the boy i love. even just for one night.

all i knew is that in the next second, his soft lips had already met mine.

i was listening to back to december by taylor swift while writing this chapter on 1 am i may or may not be crying,,

sorry for the very very late update :(((