still

LISA.

"a business dinner?" i asked, puzzled.

"yes. we're meeting the new CEO of a well-known company. i was hoping that you could show your support by coming as my minus one." yunhyeong said with a hand on his nape.

"oh... i didn't expect that i'd once be involved in the business affairs of the company, but i'd be glad to accompany you later." smiling, i said.

"thank you, lisa." he smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "your outfit will be ready later."

i pushed him away and furrowed my eyebrows. "you bought me new clothes again? how many times do i have to tell you not to waste your money on me?"

"i just wanted my wife to look great tonight." he said and frowned.

"okay, fine." i sighed. "but i'm telling you, yunhyeong, this will be the last time that you buy me expensive clothing."

"yes ma'am."

"they should be arriving any minute now." yunhyeong said while he charismatically checked his wristwatch.

i've got to be honest here, he looked really stunning with his tuxedo and fixed hairdo.

and yes, i know he always looked handsome.

"sir, ma'am, mr. jeon is here." the waiter told us.

wait, "mr. jeon"?

we stood up as the man entered the hall with a woman following her.

"mr. jeon jungkook, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"likewise, mr. song yunhyeong."

holy fuck.

i almost forgot that jeon freaking jungkook is a son of a freaking filthy rich businessman.

seeing him made me remember the events that had happened not long ago when yunhyeong was in a business trip.

and i think my face had gotten red hot as vivid images of that night flashed through my mind.

get it together lisa, now's not the time to think about that!

"this is my wife, lalisa song." yunhyeong introduced me as i bowed, hiding my face completely.

"nice to meet you, mr. jeon." i said.

"nice to meet you too, mrs. song." he was offering a hand to shake but i ignored it. "this is my secretary, ms. park chaeyoung."

park chaeyoung??

oh god, chaeyoung is also here???

"nice to meet you."

"please, let us sit down."

i tried to compose myself as i uncomfortably sat down.

"are you alright?" yunhyeong whispered beside me.

"yeah, just making sure my nails look alright." i whispered back and nervously laughed while still looking down.

what kind of lame excuse is that, lisa?

the waiters gathered in our table as they served the appetizers and filled our wine glasses.

"it's nice to finally meet you, mr. jeon. song enterprises has a lot of plans in collaboration with jeon corporations this year." yunhyeong started.

"i'm looking forward in working with you, mr. song."

i didn't know what to do anymore, i don't know if both of them recognize me or not. what if they tell yunhyeong about our past?

i shouldn't have gone here. i just want to go home.

"excuse myself for a minute." i told yunhyeong as i stood up and quickly walked to the restroom.

"no, this can't be happening. this is a dream, right? yes, this must be a dream." i told myself at the mirror and slapped myself, which to my dismay, left a stinging sensation on my cheek.

this isn't a dream.

"god, this is crazy!" i screamed in frustration. "why did i even agree to come?"

"i was hoping that you could show your support by coming as my minus one." yunhyeong's line played in my head.

that's right, i came here for yunhyeong.

this is purely business related, and i'm not going to ruin this meeting just because of a past that has been haunting me.

"i can do this." i encouraged myself.

just when i thought i was ready to face them, memories from the past started to play in my head. from jungkook finding me in the streets, to him and chaeyoung confessing at each other during the party.

"i love you, jungkook. i love you so much."

"i love you too, chaeyoung."

my chest started to tighten and my vision started to blur. i started to feel a warm liquid run down my cheek.

and that's when i lost it.

"i can't do this."