43

Can y'all do me a solid? After this chapter, go check out my new book "The Boyfriend Swap"! Alsoooo, I made a twitter since you guys kept asking me to lmao. My username is the same as on here. Follow me!! 😍✊

SO sorry this chapter took forever. :( I updated two of my other books and needed a little break afterwards. To make up for that, I made this chapter extra long. Enjoy! 💕

——————————

⠀⠀"Kook, come out of there already! I wanna see!" Kang Seulgi whined from the umpteenth time, hands on her hips and foot tapping impatiently.

⠀⠀The duo had been trying on multiple costumes for the past hour at the Halloween store, and while Seulgi had settled for some fairy costume, Jungkook was left feeling unsatisfied with each costume he donned. Normally, Jungkook wasn't this picky, but this time it was different. He wanted to impress and look good for Taehyung, for his man, for his boyfriend.

⠀⠀"B-But I look terrible and- maybe I should try on a different costume? Yeah, I definitely should. Mind picking me out something else, Seulgi?" Jungkook ranted as he looked at his reflection in the fitting room mirror in discontent.

⠀⠀"No! We've been at this for over an hour already!" Seulgi argued. "Come on~ I'm sure you look great!"

⠀⠀"The mirror never lies, hon'," Jungkook scoffed before sighing and mustering up the will to walk out of the fitting room.

⠀⠀Out came Jungkook, cheeks red in embarrassment, in a white button-up under black suspenders and tight black slacks. On his collar was a red bowtie and to complete his outfit, he had on a pair of thick, black, square-rimmed glasses. Basically, he was supposed to be a nerd or something.

⠀⠀"Cute!" Seulgi gushed as Jungkook stood in front of her, hands shoved in his pockets.

⠀⠀Jungkook quirked his eyebrows and looked down at his attire, hands grabbing the suspenders and pulling them forward. "As if! I'm supposed to be a nerd, but if anything, I look like a butch lesbian going to prom."

⠀⠀"You look good, Kookie... Ugh, stop- stop being so picky! We've been at this for over an hour!"

⠀⠀"Halloween is cancelled!!" Jungkook said dramatically and scurried back into the fitting room to change into his regular clothes. Seulgi sighed at his overreaction and waited until he was dressed.

⠀⠀Once that was over with, the two sauntered over to the checkouts where Seulgi paid for her costume. In the midst of that, something caught Jungkook's eye to which he wandered over to the rack of clearance items. Inside a cardboard box was a set of bunny ears and face paint. Sure, it was a predictable outfit and rather cheap and uninspired, but it was cute!

⠀⠀As Jungkook held the box in his hands and contemplated if he should make a last minute purchase, he felt a pair of large hands grab his waist and a deep voice whisper, "What ya' doing?"

⠀⠀The shorter boy was startled and squeaked loudly. Turning around, Jungkook sighed in relief at a laughing Lucas. "Oh, L-Lucas..." he breathed out and then slapped his chest playfully. "You scared me!"

⠀⠀He looked very handsome with a black leather jacket on that hugged his broad figure quite nicely, and his hair was styled up in a messy quiff-like look. It almost felt emasculating standing next to him. He was so manly and charming and- ugh!

⠀⠀"Sorry. Couldn't resist," he said as his laughter subsided. "Funny running into you here, huh? Looks like I have a stalker."

⠀⠀"Excuse you! I've been here for over an hour, I'll have you know!" Jungkook argued, the box of bunny ears in between his arms and clung to his chest.