Chapter 1

Kishimia POV

My name is Kishimia Bartley and my family owns a big and successful business called the Bartley law firm. Yes, I come from a rich family but I don't act like one. I am not a spoiled brat like the rest and I am not one that socialize like the rest of my siblings. I am an outcast in my family. I have two siblings that I hate because they hate me first, they always teased and push me around like I'm some alien. I never fit in into this perfect family. My parents show me no affection but I get it I am not perfect. They don't hug or kiss me like they do the others. And they left me out of most of the family functions not that I care.

Most of the time I isolate myself in my room to avoid contact with them so I don't feel all the hurt when they don't treat me like family. If it was not for my best friends Betty and Shamoya I don't think I would have anyone in this entire world.

Betty and Shamoya are the only persons I talk to at school because they are the only one that would even talk to me. My older siblings are popular yet I am at the bottom of the food chain. Well, thinking about it now I see why I am not...

I am not that beautiful like my sister Bella. She has porcelain skin, her pristine long blonde hair, and her perfect face. If you asked me she could pass for a model with her perfect body and a princess with her grace. Cami is not that beautiful as Bella but she's not that bad looking. Both Bella and Cami are perfect for perfection.

Well as for me I am 5'4" tall, short blonde hair, not that pretty and perfect like my sisters or have the most wonderful body but I am beautiful in my own way.

I have only dated three times in my life and none of the relationships ended well. The relationships never last because I am never given what they want. I have only kissed two of them and the first one is when I was sixteen and curious. It occurred when I was staying over at Betty's house and I was left alone with her bother for just ten minutes and that's all the time needed for us to kiss. He was two years older than me he was eighteen.

The living room was awkwardly quiet since Betty left one minute ago. It was just Jason and me who was left on the couch watching TV. We were watching Titanic. It was at the part where Jack and Rose was kissing.

"Can I ask you a question, Kish?" He asked

"Yeah, why not," I said

" I don't want you to think I am nosey but have you been kissed before?"

"Why'd you ask me that for?" I replied

"I see the way you were looking each time a person kiss in the movie," he said

"Okay you caught me I never ever kissed anyone in my life and I don't know how to kiss," I said

He was in deep thought for a moment then he said: " Want me to show you how." That I did not expect but I accept because I didn't know if I am going to ever have a boyfriend in my life.

"Um, sure." That's the only reply I  could give and I licked my bottom lip feeling a little nervous.

"Okay. Come over here." I obeyed and moved to where he was sitting on the couch.

He pulled me closer and leaned in and I  followed his lead. With our faces inches away from each other he put his hands around me and lay his lips on mine and I put my hands around his neck. His lips were soft as he moved them on mine and I followed what he was doing. After two minutes of kissing each other, we pulled apart breathlessly.

"Not bad Kish. Not bad for your first time." He said

I shrugged and said, "Well your not bad you self J." I had to admit that he was a good kisser. I wish he would kiss me again.

At least nothing awkward happens to me. But the moment didn't last long until Betty came back into the living room and I was still close to J and he was still holding me. She coughs and we jerk apart. It was a little embarrassed about the situation that I was in and it didn't help when everyone was silent and we continue to watch the movie.

It was a surprise when Jason asked me out on a date a week after but before accepting I consulted my best friend, Betty, after all, it was her bother and I didn't want things to get weird or awkward between us. We then dated for a couple of months until he made the wrong move on me when he slides his hands under my dress and carried his hands too far up my thigh. I pulled away from him in surprise and we had quite an argument then we broke up.

Things did get a little weird each time I visit Betty at her house whenever we have a sleepover or just girls spending time together because each time I am over I had to try my best not to cross paths with my ex-boyfriend and each time we did it was awkward. It was all over when he left for college and I know I won't see him around for a while.

The two other relationship was worst than the first. Brad was the worst one yet. His kisses always laced with desire and sometimes aggressive. His kisses did not have passionate has Jason. We only lasted two weeks on our third date when he starting moving to fast. He was the one that was most sexual with me. Grabbing up my ass and trying to lay with me and I was happy to break it off. Carter didn't show me much affection. We didn't kiss nor didn't he touch me and the relationship got weirder and weirder each day so I did the two of us favor and broke it off.

Well, that was my love story which was horrible and I made it clear to myself that I was never going to find true love. Not the one I saw on TV nor the one I read in those romance novels and I stopped dreaming of happily ever after my last break up.