Part 2.

"Y/n why did you just leave?" Tom asked. He sat next to her as she stretched before class. "I don't know, I didn't feel like I belonged there while that man spoke to you," She sighed. "You could've stayed I didn't mind," "No it's fine," Tom looked like he had something on his mind. "I need to talk to you once class is over," he said. His voice picked up. Like he was excited about something. "Ok I'll be at the front door waiting for my mom as usual," she said fixing her shoes. "Ok," he smiled. Y/n faked a smile back. She was happy but not entirely. She wanted to tell Tom what her mother said to see if his parents said similar stuff. But she felt that'd be best spoken about later. The class went on as usual. It was quiet between Y/n and Tom. They didn't joke around during class like they usually did. There was a weird tension between them that set them apart. "Pst," Tom whispered. Calling Y/n's attention to him. "You feeling ok?" he asked quietly not trying to get in trouble with Madame. "I'll talk to you about it later," she whispered. He could tell she was upset about something. Hopefully what he wanted to tell her would make her happier. Eventually, when class ended she was right where she said she'd be. Out by the front door, waiting for her mother to show up."Y/n I really need to talk to you," Tom said happily as he walked out the front door. She had a look on her face that worried Tom. "You ok?" "Can I say something first?" she asked quietly. "Of course," "Did your parents criticize our performance last week?" she asked. She seemed really shy to talk about it to someone. "No, they thought we were awesome!" he had a beaming smile, but it wasn't enough to help Y/n out of this. "Oh so just my mother did," she muttered under her breath. "What did she say now?" "That I could've done better," Y/n responded quickly. "Well if it means anything I thought you were excellent," he said calmly. Tom pat her on the back. She was dusted pink at her cheeks. Blushing from the boys' kindness. "What is it you wanted to say?" "I got a part," "what? Where?" "In Billy Elliot, the musical...the one they're showing downtown," "That's crazy, I thought you said you weren't going to get it," "I didn't think I was going to," "So what's going to happen to ballet?" Tom looked down at the ground. "I don't know if I can continue," he sighed. "What? So you're going to quit," "I don't know but I really want to perform and do well," "When do you start?" "2 months," "So you won't make it for the next show," he shook his head. Y/n's heart broke a little. Do you blame her? She's dealing with a lot from her mother and the whole time he's been nice to her. "I'll try to go see you on stage," she said smiling. As hurt, as she was to lose her dance partner, she was proud he was living his dream. "I'll go to see you at the show if you want," she shook her head. "You don't have to, just tell me when you're officially quitting," "tomorrow," she nodded. "So let's do everything to piss off Madame Tiffany huh?" she smiled. "You bet," he chuckled. A car pulled to the front. "I have to go, I'll talk to you tomorrow," he smiled. The two did their secret handshake before he left. Y/n sat there in the cold of October, in tights and a leotard. Waiting for her mother. If she was brutally honest, she had no idea if her mother was going to show up. She didn't see her mother that morning because she walked to ballet. Wouldn't hurt to walk back home. What would she be coming home to? "Hey Y/n!" she heard Tom's voice shout. "You need a ride home?" he called out. She looked around. Every other kid had gone home. She was the last one there. "If it's not a problem, that'd actually be really nice," she shouted back. He looked back at his mum in the car. She seemed to agree. "C'mon you'll freeze if you wait out here," he shouted. Y/n smiled. No one is that kind to her. Not even her own mother. She walked into the car. Surrounded by his brothers. "Thank you so much, Nikki," she said politely. "No problem sweetheart," she smiled through the rearview mirror. Sweetheart? No one has ever called her that before. "So did Tom tell you about the show," "Yeah, I really hope my mother can take me to see you when you're on that stage," Y/n said out loud. "I'll talk to your mother about it ok?" Y/n smiled at Nikki. She was so much nicer than her own mother. Y/n wasn't too far from the studio so she was home quicker than if she had walked. "Thank you, Nikki, I'll see you tomorrow Tom," Y/n smiled shutting the car door behind her. Her smile faded as she approached her own front door. She didn't know what version of her mother she was going to get when she walked in. The angry version...or drunk version. Who knows. "I'm home," Y/n shouted shutting the front door behind her. No response. She walked through the house. Her mother was passed out on the couch. The TV still on from when she left this morning. Y/n sighed. Setting her bag at the side of the door where she always does. Doing her best not to wake her mother. She sat in her room sketching out drawings. That's what she did for comfort. It was quiet so her mother wouldn't wake up from her. Also, it allowed her to use her imagination. What she could have if her mother was active. She smiled while she drew out on the sketch pad. She was thinking about everything, how nice Tom and Nikki were to her. And if it weren't for their offer. She would've been waiting for her mother to wake up and come get her. That could've been a matter of hours. Thank god for Tom, he and his family are so sweet to her. That's just what she needed to feel better about her current situation.