Part 11.

"You almost ready to go?" Tom yelled from the hallway. I was still working on my hair and makeup. "Yeah, I'll be out in a second," Why am I nervous? This is a friend thing... I know I don't have to go but I owed him. After all, he's done for me. Damnit why am I blushing? I don't feel that way do I? It's just gratitude that I feel. He's known me for so long...We have such a good friendship...I don't want to ruin that with my own stupid emotions. I threw on a pair of heels, I will at least be his height tonight. I unlocked the door and walked out, I rolled my ankle a little bit. "C'mon I don't want to be late-" Tom stopped mid-sentence. He just stared with his jaw dropped to the floor. "What are you staring at?"...

Tom's POV

"Earth to Thomas?" Y/n waved her hand in front of my face. God, she is beautiful... "Huh? Yeah?" "What are you staring at?" she chuckled. "*clears throat* sorry I just zoned out...a-are you ready to go?" I need to pull myself together or I won't survive a minute tonight. "Yeah..." she continued. Her cheeks were blushed pink...is she wearing makeup? But she doesn't need it. What am I saying... Am I crazy? Totally crazy...

We got to the premiere... All I can say is she was glowing. I swear no one else mattered there she outshined them all. We got separated at a few points. I was with her for most of it...until an interviewer pulled me aside. "So Tom how are you feeling tonight?" my heartbeat picked up...why? I don't need to be nervous about anything. "I'm feeling pretty good actually-uh a little nervous as usual you know?" "*chuckle* Yeah...um-how about that girl you have with you tonight? I think everyone has been talking about her..." I should've known they'd ask. Shit, what do I say? I should just tell the truth. They won't freak out as much... "Oh yeah- she's my best friend, she's beautiful isn't she?" I turned to look in her direction. She was talking with a group of stars. I stared for a while...Then I realized what I let slip...Damnit... I'm such a div. "Very-Very beautiful indeed," the interviewer was smiling. She knows. The whole world knows. I can imagine what they're going to be saying. Oh shit, what will the fandom say? They've never met Y/n before. Ok...I should calm down, it won't be that bad. Ok...I should calm down, it won't be that bad. She's probably going to kill me. "Well, Tom we're going to talk to her, enjoy the rest of the premiere," "Yeah-yeah thank you-you too," You too? What is wrong with me tonight. I'm nervous about everything but I don't need to be. Is...she making me act this way? I'm her best friend and I know I have feelings for her but I shouldn't be acting like this... I need to control myself. She would never feel the same anyway. I should move on...she loved a guy like Elliot...not like me. I watched the interviewer talk to her. She had that smile on her face, that beautiful smile.  Ugh, I need to stop...I can't love her as much as I want to. She doesn't feel the same. I know she wouldn't. I'm not her type at all. 

- That Night -

Her arm was wrapped around mine as we left. I know this is going to start something but I'm a gentleman and that's what a gentleman does. "Tom..." "Yeah?" She stared at me for a second. We stopped walking at a corner before crossing the street to get to the car. She stopped in her tracks. "Is it true?" oh crap... "Is what?" "That you..." she stopped herself. "That you said I was beautiful?" she tilted her head up at me. She took off her heels a while ago. "Yeah...I-uh... let it slip," I chuckled nervously. She totally hates me now. "Did you...mean it?" she was blushing a lot. God, I'm such a div for doing this to her. She's my best friend. I bit at my bottom lip. "Yeah...of course I meant it, you...you are beautiful," I'm making this worse for myself. She smiled. "Thank you..." She started to walk ahead of me. She threw her heels in the back seat. "Thanks for taking me, I-I had fun," she smiled widely. "Really? I-I mean good I'm glad," I'm a nervous wreck...just wait until tomorrow. It will either go uphill or downhill from here...