Part 10.

Y/n's POV

 - 5 months have passed -

"I don't want to see him, Tom," I whined. I sound like a 4-year old. But I really don't want to see Elliot. "Y/n I know you don't, I'll-I'll be there to keep him from getting to you," Hm. Something about that sentence. Is Tom ok? He seems a lot more nervous. He looks pale...Is he sick? "Hey, you feeling ok?" I tilted my head to the side. "Huh-I mean...yeah I'm fine," he stretched. "Oh, you seem really pale," "I'm..fine," he yawned. "Why do I have to see him...I don't want to..." I turned my head toward the window. I know Elliot, he will do anything he can just to get back to me. "You'll be fine, you're only going to see him for 2 minutes and then you have to talk to the investigators," "I don't care that it's 2 minutes...Tom, he hurt me. I don't want to see him," He sighed. "Ok, I'll try to get you out of it ok," "Thank you Tom, I owe you one," I turned around to leave the room. I have to get myself ready anyway. Whether I'm seeing Elliot or not. I went into my bathroom, I started doing my makeup. Tom poked his head in but I ignored him. "Hey they said you don't have to see him, I got you out of it," "Really! Thank you so so so much, Tom!" I yelled. He chuckled. "You owe me one," "You have something in mind? You keep bringing it up," I raised an eyebrow. What the hell is he planning? "Well yeah there is actually," he's doing it again. He's pale, but his cheeks are pink. "Oh really...I was joking?" I set my makeup aside. "Well there's this...premiere...I-uh have the option to bring a plus one..." "Go on..." "You owe me one, you wouldn't mind coming with me would you?" I was stunned. No way he's serious. No fucking way he wants to take me...over everyone else he could possibly take in this world. "You're serious? I mean...yeah I'll go but *chuckle* why me?" "Why not?" he shrugged. "When is it?" "Next weekend," "Perfect, that's right when my holiday ends," I smiled. He turned a deep red which only confirmed my thoughts. He's asking me to be his date. That feels weird to think about. Dating my best friend... That sounds odd. But I'd be a huge liar if I said I've never thought about it. Heck, I'm thinking about it right now. I'd be a huge liar if I claimed I didn't have feelings there. They're there but something like that shouldn't happen. It'll ruin our friend ship...Or bring us closer. But there are so many other girls out there. So many who are more his type. The air was still. Both of us just stood there quietly listening to our own thoughts. "Tom?" he looked up at me and his face was as red as a tomato. "Yeah?" "Are you asking me on a...date?" God that feels so weird to say out loud. "Only if you want it to be..." he stammered. Do I want it to be one? My heart is saying go for it but my mind is screaming at me. "Alright...I'll have to get my self a dress at some point this week," I smiled. His face perked up. "Thank you so much Y/n!" "Yeah yeah, I owed you one," "It'll be fun don't worry," He smiled widely. That smile melts my heart but I can't love him. He doesn't love me in that way. Does he? Hm, whatever...I need to shut out my thoughts on this. I have all week. I'll wear my dress from Prom. Hopefully, it still fits.