Part 12.

- Two Days Later -

Y/n's POV

"It's everywhere, I-I'm so sorry for dragging you into this," Tom had his head in his hands. "It's fine don't worry, I'm used to the publicity," "But you shouldn't be, not this kind," the dating rumors were sparked and the internet was in flames. Some would argue for hours, she'd obviously be with him, he took her to a premiere. Other's would send her hate, saying she should get out of the way for Zendaya. It hurt, but when you're picked on by your mother, you get used to that pain. I would never tell Tom that, he'd go protective on me. "You haven't gotten anything have you?" he asked. "What do you mean?" "Well, there's a lot of people out there who...are against me dating," "No, I haven't...and those people shouldn't guide your life," Of course I was lying. I didn't want him to be worried. These rumors were already stressing him out. It wouldn't help. "Hey uh- are you doing anything today?" "No why?" "I wouldn't go outside...if they see you they might bombard you, I don't want you to deal with it," "Tom I deal with it all the time," I chuckled. "I-I know, but I want you to be safe, you know that," "Yeah yeah, I can handle myself," I smiled. I think I can at least. I left the room to sit in my room and reorganize myself. He kept muttering to himself out there...I really worry about him sometimes.

Tom's POV

"Damnit," I swore to myself. I was supposed to help her keep a low profile. I sure didn't help at all, she says she's used to it, she claims she hasn't gotten hate yet but I know it's out there. I know her, I could tell she was lying. Damnit. I've really messed this one up for her. I'm a really shitty friend, forgetting about her, not realizing the abuse her mother was doing to her...Elliot- don't even get me started on him. I need to step it up. She got really quiet, I should check on her..no she needs space. But she could be crying and I wouldn't know... I should....

No, I shouldn't. I picked up the remote to the TV. I flicked through the channels. I guess Y/n heard me turn the TV, she walked out into the kitchen, she'd peek her head out to see what I was watching every now and then. "Sinclair and 3 other-" the news echoed as I flipped past. "Wait- wait g-go back," Y/n stammered. Her face went pale. I switched back to the news as she said. There was a knot in my gut. Something wasn't right. "4 prisoners convicted assault have broken free from their cells, their whereabouts are unknown, I advise everyone watching to be on the lookout for these four men-" I tuned out everything the second I saw his disgusting face on the screen. I could only imagine what Y/n was thinking. But I forgot she was watching too. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," she spoke, her voice quivered and cracked. She sat next to me. She was holding them back but I saw the tears. I could see the fear. "What am I going to do?" she rubbed her temples. "Y/n I-" "Tom he's out there...what if he comes for me," "He won't okay, He has no idea you're here," My throat choked up with worry. She hugged me tightly. She's-really strong. I hugged her back, it felt awkward but I'm her best friend. It's my job to take care of her. "What am I going to do?" seeing her so hurt. It broke my heart. "I will protect you, he won't lay a hand on you again," she was quiet. She is shaking, god I feel terrible. "If he steps anywhere near you or me, he's a dead man...okay?" "Okay," and I meant it. If he even comes close to her. He's going to deal with me. And that's how it will be whether he is behind bars or if he's free. He will never get her back, she can choose who she loves. But it will never be him. He has hurt her too much for me to even allow her near him. Whoever the other 3 men are, I don't care about them too much but they could help him get to her. I don't need that to happen, I don't want it to...I have to be honest. She may not feel the same. But I love her and care for her. I will do everything to keep her safe. I mean everything.

???'s POV

"Hey look at this," I walked over to him. He was looking at the TVs in the store. They were showing all the news about us. "She's got to know now," "Then she knows I'm coming for her," I smirked. "What if her friend gets in the way?" "He won't, he couldn't even if he tried," I paused to watch the TV's colors. "He may want to protect her but I know she still loves me, she can't hide from me forever,"