Part 4

Tom's POV

"So tell me what happened," I asked. Mum sat on the couch with me staring at all these old photos. I held tightly on the photo. "You were told you got the role as Billy in Billy Elliot, do you remember that?" "Oh yeah, that was when the man pulled me aside to tell me," "Yeah that was after a show with her as your partner," She smiled. My mum never smiles like that unless she feels proud. "I'm actually going to see her perform tomorrow," She said setting the photo I had aside. "Really?" "Yeah, she performs here over the holidays," Hm maybe I should go to see her. Do I have time? I have I think a couple days left until I go back to film. Maybe I can see if I could go with my mum. She'd love that. Wow, what will it be like to see her again? Would it be like old times? Would she remember me. I forgot her...what if she's mad at me for that? "Hey mum," I shouted. "Yeah?" She shouted from downstairs. I ran out to the stairs. "Any chance I could...maybe go with you to her show tomorrow?" She looked at me and smiled. "You want to see your old friend," she chuckled. I nodded. "Take my ticket Tom, I insist you go before you leave to film again," Mum got up to get her ticket. "Mum please, you don't have to...you can still go," "Please Tom, I've gone to almost every show of hers," she smiled handing me the slip of paper. I looked over it. "M-mum this says backstage..." "Yeah she gives me acsess backstage to talk to her after her shows," "Really?" "Yes, she's such a sweet girl...it's sad you don't hang out as much as you guys did when you were younger," She smiled. She stacked the photo albums. Putting them away. "What time is the show?" I said squinting to read the ticket. "Noon tomorrow," "Tomorrow...got it," I mumbled running upstairs. I almost tripped on one of the stairs. Is it bad I'm genuinely thinking about what I'm going to wear. If I wear sweats its fine right? It's just a ballet show. I can't believe I'm thinking so hard about this. But I'm seeing her backstage...I should dress appropriately. A suit and tie is a little over the top...,maybe something toned down would be best. I flipped through everything in my closet. "Perfect," I mumbled. It was a nice suit I wore to a interview. It's not too formal for a ballet. (swipe to see). I don't think I've been this happy to see someone. Let alone someone I don't remember well. I wonder if Harrison remembers her. Did he ever meet her? He had to have met her before...no way I could've been close to one and not the other.

-Next Day-

I sprung out of bed. I have about an hour until the show. I should get ready before I make myself late. I made it out of the house before everyone else could question...Mum was the only one who really knew where I was going. Not that I'm embarrassed to be going. No no, just my brothers would reak havoc on me if they knew. It must look funny, I sat alone...in a suit. In a cafe getting something to eat before I go to the show. I probably checked three times to make sure my ticket was in my pocket before handing it to the guy at the front. It felt weird going alone but if you think about it I'm not alone. What I forgot is they give the dancers 30 minutes before the actual show. So I stood there on my phone waiting for everything to start. I had no idea what I was getting in to. My phone buzzed as they dimmed the lights. As if she knew the show was going to start.
Mum: "Get some good pictures for me :)"

I put my phone away. As much as I want to take photos, I mindlessly read the text....sorry mum. I stared as the curtains unfolded. I felt so far from the stage yet so close. There she was. Just like the photo but much older...much-how do I put it? Much more elegant. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Everything I remembered from ballet rushed back to me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think she was cute back then. We really got split up that badly. My eyes followed her like the spotlight in the room. I just couldn't focus. I couldn't think straight. She-she took my breath away...