Best Friends? - Nochelle

Richelle's P.O.V 

Why is Noah still with Jacquie? She treats him like crap but he's too blind to notice that. All of A-troupe can notice it but him. The truth is, I kind of like him, but he clearly doesn't feel the same way about me. He only thinks of me as his best friend. He says he knows me but in reality, he doesn't know anything about me. Every time I see him with her, it breaks my heart more and more because I know that will never be me.

Right now I'm just stretching because rehearsals are about to start until I see Noah coming up to me.

"Hey Richelle, you want to go get some pizza after rehearsals?" He asks me.

"Sure." I say and then he walks away. The reason I agreed was because even though he might not have feelings for me, I don't want to lose him as a friend either.

Jacquie's P.O.V

I heard Noah talking to Richelle and asking her to get pizza after rehearsals and I can't let that happen. I know they're just friends but still. He's mine and only mine. So I ask him to hang out after rehearsals because I know he'll cancel his plans with Richelle for me. 

"Hey Noah. You want to get some pizza after rehearsals?" I ask him really sweetly so that he'll definitely say yes.

"Uhh... Sure." He answers. He seemed kind of hesitant but that's because he already has plans with Richelle but I know he'll cancel them to hang out with me.

Richelle's P.O.V

I heard Jacquie asking him to get pizza after rehearsal and I know she did that on purpose because she knew I was going to hang out with him. That didn't bother me though. What bothered me was that Noah agreed to hang out with her. I guess I'm not important to him like I thought I was.

Noah's P.O.V

I know bailing on Richelle isn't fair to her but I really want to hang out with Jacquie. I'll just tell Richelle the truth as to why I can't hang out with her. Actually, no. That's not going to work. I'll just tell her there's a family emergency. Yeah. She'll believe me, right? I hope so.

I walk up to her and say, "I'm really sorry Richelle but there's a family emergency and I can't hang out with you. Maybe another time?"

"Sure." She says. That went better than I thought.

Richelle's P.O.V

I can't believe he just lied to me. A family emergency? Really? He's a terrible liar. And plus his family is out of town.  

The next day

Richelle's P.O.V

Rehearsals are about to start in ten minutes and everyone is stretching and talking to each other. I see Noah putting his bag away and is about to join us. I walk up to him and decide to confront him about lying to me yesterday.

"Hey, did everything go well yesterday with your family?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He says, not making any eye contact with me. 

"That's great but next time you don't have to lie to me."

'What do you mean?" He asks, acting all confused.

"I know there was no family emergency and that you were just hanging out with Jacquie."

"Yeah, I was hanging out with Jacquie." He says, now looking at me, getting kind of angry.

"Why did you lie to me?" I ask, also getting kind of mad.

"IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL, OKAY? I DON'T HAVE TO BE WITH YOU EVERY SECOND!" He says, yelling at me. He raised his voice so I raise mine too.

"I NEVER SAID YOU HAVE TO BE WITH ME EVERY SECOND. I'M JUST SAYING THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO LIE TO ME!" I yell angrily.

"NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU RICHELLE. I KNOW WE'RE BEST FRIENDS BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE STUCK TO ME LIKE GLUE!"

"BEST FRIENDS? REALLY? YOU'RE  NOT REALLY ACTING LIKE A 'BEST FRIEND' YOU KNOW. THAT YEAR THAT YOU MADE IT INTO A-TROUPE AND I DIDN'T, I WOULD ALWAYS WAIT FOR YOU AFTER REHEARSALS, BUT YOU WOULD JUST WALK PAST ME, COMPLETELY IGNORING ME. WHEN YOU USED TO LIKE ABI, YOU WOULD ONLY TALK TO ME FOR ADVICE SO YOU COULD BE WITH HER BUT EVERY TIME YOU BROUGHT HER UP MY HEART WOULD BREAK MORE AND MORE BECAUSE I LIKED YOU BUT ALL YOU COULD TALK ABOUT WAS ABI!"

I suddenly stop talking, realizing what I just said. I just stand there with a look of shock on my face. I look at him and see guilt in his eyes.

"I'm s-sorry." I say, stuttering a bit before I run out of the studio. I just can't face anyone right now.

Noah's P.O.V

I've messed it up, haven't I?

I see Jacquie walking up to me and right now she's the last person I want to talk to. She ruined my friendship with Richelle and I can't forgive her for that. At least now right now. I'm about to go after her until Jacquie comes up to me and tries to stop me. 

"Jacquie, not now, oh, and we're done." I say as I walk away from her, looking for Richelle.

I find her sitting on the floor of studio 1.

After a looooong talk with Richelle we finally sorted things out. I realized Jacquie really was controlling me and I'm glad I realized it and I'm glad I broke up with her. But most importantly, I'm glad to have my best friend back.