Chapter One: Introduction

It has been three weeks since the dreaded Black Hood was revealed to be no other than, Hal Cooper. The North-side prince, two perfect blonde daughters, and a seemingly perfect wife. It's funny how so many secrets can be hidden in one house, or in this case one bedroom. Not known to the world outside Hal had been beating his wife for years. He would make sure that the cuts and bruises were in a place that no one could see. He also knew that his wife would never say a word to anyone about his abuse. He knew that there was one person that if he threatened would shut her up for good. He knew that she never loved him, but she was in love with someone else.

Needless to say that the town of Riverdale was shaken by the revelation that one of their prime could do this, but no one was as shaken as those living in the Cooper house. Betty spent every moment that she could with her boyfriend, Jughead and her two best friends, Veronica and Archie. While all she wanted to do was comfort her mother she didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to act because when she looked into her mothers eyes all she saw was broken glass. Her mom had been taking to drowning her sorrows at the bottom of a bottle. She hasn't left the house after the big revelation out of fear to what people thought. However, deep down she wasn't acting that way because of Hal, it was out of fear of seeing another man. The man who rejected her after sex and who she ended up in the arms of sobbing after telling him about their son who she believed she killed.

Little did she know that the exact man has driven by her house more times than he can remember. Every fiber in his being told him to go up to her door and knock. He wanted to hold her as she cried, make her smile, and give her a kiss that could make all the pain go away. Except every time he got near to her house he would panic. What if she didn't want to see him? What if she rejected him? What if she did, but he hurt her again? What if something happened and it doesn't work out? He couldn't even imagine going through what happened in the past. He wasn't sure if he would be able to survive if that happened.

What neither of them knew, is that them being together was written in the stars.