Chapter Six

........
Alice's POV:
FP and I arrived at Pop's half an hour later. It was really the first time I had been out of the house in three weeks, and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I know what they were thinking, there's the Black Hoods wife. They must think I'm an idiot, and in truth I thought the same. I'm mean, how could I not know?!
    FP must have known that something that something was wrong because he gently brushed his hand against mine. I must say, even that little contact sent butterflies through my stomach, and that terrified me. We walked to a booth and were quickly served by Pop.

    "What can I get you guys?" He asked both of us.

     "We would like a chocolate milkshake, a vanilla one, and fries." FP said before I even had a chance to answer. I can't believe he remembered! That scared me more. Pop walked away to get our order and left us their in an awkward silence.

   "So Ali, what's on your mind?" That nickname!

   "Nothing!" I answered quickly, maybe a little too quickly. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes.

  "Ali..."

"Why did you do it?!" I said with anger bubbling up quickly. He knew exactly what I was talking about, and I knew it!

  "Ali, we don't need to talk about this. Not here, not now."

  "Excuse me Forsythe! You know what, I have to go." I quickly got up and left. Then I heard him calling me. I don't know if it infuriates me that he's following or makes me happy. I almost made to my car before he grabbed my arm, so I did the only thing I could think of. I smacked him with all the rage I was feeling.

  "Leave me the hell alone FP." I got in my car and drove to the school before he could do anything else. When I got to the school however, I broke. I was crying so hard that I had to grasp onto my steering wheel stability. How did that just happen? Did I just ruin the one could thing I had in my life right now?