Chapter Fifteen

Alice's POV:
  When Gladys and I drove to the Southside I felt like time stopped. After everything that had happened with Hal being the Blackhood, the familiarity of the drive consumed me, until we got to his front door.
   "I can't do this."
     "Yes, Alice, you can. You have to." Gladys knocked before I could even get another word out. Not five seconds later the door swung open, and there he stood.
     "Gladys what are you...." Whatever he was going to say was forgotten the moment he saw me.
    "F.P Jones. Are you not glad to see me? You know what, never mind, we have a lot to talk about," said Gladys.
    "No we don't, Gladys I can't do this." I ran down the stairs trying to get away when I felt him behind me. I knew it was him, I could feel that it is him.
    He grabbed my wrist and twisted me around to face him. "Allie wait." We were inches apart. "I don't know what Gladys wants but she's right. We need to talk, please."
     I can feel everything in me breaking. How I would love to have him in my arms. To feel his strength inside me, but I can't. "Forsythe, there is nothing that we can talk about." Before I ran, ran like I did all of my life, I allowed myself to gently brush our foreheads together. That is what it truly feel like to have time stop.
   Then, I ran, with him calling out behind, and thankfully, Gladys stopping him from running after me.