Chapter Three

FP's POV:
He must have stood at the door for thirty minutes. Daring himself to knock, but chickening our each time. He was just about to turn around and leave, but at that moment the door opened.

"Mr. Jones? What are you doing here? Is everything all right with Jughead?"

FP practically signed in relief, thankful that it wasn't her mom who opened the door. "Yes, everything if perfectly fine with Jughead. Would your mom happen to be home?"

"Yeah, she hasn't left the house since... since.." she wasn't able to get out the words.

"It's okay, Betty. You don't have to say it." FP could see how much she was struggling. "Hey, why don't you go over the the Andrews' house, and let me speak to your mother?" He wanted to get Betty out of the house in case it got ugly.

"Let would be great, thank you Mr. Jones! Before you go in I should warn you, My mom.. she.. um.. you could say that she hasn't been handling everything very well. Let's just say that she has been taking to unhealthy ways of getting rid of the pain. She's a little bit of a mess right now."

"Thanks for the warning, Betty. Wish me good luck." FP finally did what she should've done three weeks ago. He went inside.

Alice's POV:
Alice was sitting at the dining room table with a bottle of wine to her right and a glass in front of her. What Betty said about Alice not doing well was a bit of an understatement. There weren't many hours of the day where she didn't have a drink in her hand, or a little (or a lot) bit tipsy. She wasn't proud of the way she probably looked in her daughters eyes, but she couldn't have it any other way. It was the only way she could think of taking the pain away.
   The funny part of it was, it wasn't the fact the her husband was the Black Hood. It was what happened before the reveal that was hitting her the most. She thought that the night they had meant something. The first time in twenty something years she let her walk down, and it kicked her in the teeth. Every time she was sober she thought of his eyes, the feeling of his lips against her, the tingling sensation as she ripped his shirt off , and the alluring safety she felt in his arms.
  She couldn't fathom why he would do that? Sleep with and push her away like she meant nothing to him! Like she was the only one who felt anything about that night! The day after when she went to Pops, secretly hoping for a repeat, he wouldn't even look at her.
  The thoughts swirling in her head were killing her! She had tears rushing down her cheeks as quickly grabbed her glass and drained it. She couldn't think about this, not now, not ever.

"Alice?" She heard a voice, THE voice sneak up behind her. This can't be happening.