ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

Blinking, Optimus looked at the brown tabby tom that was sitting beside a ginger cat. The Prime was quick to notice that the ginger cat was rather plump, but Optimus figured it was how she was. Like how slim or bulky some of his followers were.

Beside him, Ratchet was shifting, the other tom playing with the dirt of the den. Optimus knew that Ratchet was irritated and though Optimus kept his emotions in check, the feeling of restlessness rose in his body.

"I am Bramblestar," Optimus looked at the tom as he spoke, "I am the leader of ThunderClan and this is my mate and deputy, Squirrelflight."

Optimus dipped his head. "I am Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots. This is my medic and an old friend, Ratchet. I am grateful that you've taken care of Ratchet."

Bramblestar's expression shifted from pleased to astonished. Optimus wondered if his wording was right. Though Optimus was glad that Bramblestar understood him.

"Well, I'm glad that your friend is alright," Bramblestar meowed, his expression wondering, "Since you two are back together, what will you two do?"

Optimus looked at Ratchet before he looked at Bramblestar.

"Ratchet and I will go to the other clans," Optimus told him, which Bramblestar narrowed his eyes at, "I need to know if my family is okay and regroup."

Optimus watched Bramblestar as the leader looked at Squirrelflight before his amber eyes moved back to the two.

"If you are going to the other clans, I will send you an escort."

"That isn't necessary-" Ratchet began, though Optimus silenced him with a flick of his tail.

"Thank you," Optimus thanked him, "who will you send with us?"

Bramblestar got to his paws and gestured for them to follow. As Optimus and Ratchet followed Bramblestar down into the camp, the Prime could see and feel eyes on him as he moved down into the camp clearing. He understood that he looked a bit odd, he and Ratchet and he accepted that.

"Bumblestripe, Rosepetal, Stormcloud, and Molewhisker, accompany Optimus Prime and Ratchet to the other clans," Bramblestar's voice rang out, making Optimus blink and look over at the leader.

He watched as four cats slid over to them, he was quick to tell each cat apart by pelt colors, though he didn't know their names just yet.

"Come back home once you've completed this task or if something happens."

Optimus listened to the leader as he spoke. The Prime acknowledge Bramblestar's leadership skills and Optimus had to admit, seeing another leader in action had him doubting his own skills.

The four cats looked at him and Ratchet, though they didn't say anything as they nodded their heads.

"Good, now go."

xxxx

Padding along a well-made path, Optimus raised his nose and sniffed the air. He could smell sweet scents that he had been slowly learning since gaining this body. Although he still had much to learn. As he looking about, he felt Ratchet slid beside him.