"Just name a time and place babe, and I'll be there,"

Song ^ or >
Don't forget to comment and vote!

Harper

As soon as I exited the stadium gate, I rushed to my car. My heart was racing a mile a minute, and my hands were gently shaking against the steering wheel.

Once I made it to the nearest drug store I rushed in, frantically searching for a test. When I finally found one them, I took two, just in case.

When I brought them up to the register I gave a small smile to the elderly lady behind the desk. Her smile only got brighter when she noticed what I was paying for, but she never said anything. For that I was thankful, because as of right now I don't fully trust my voice.

After paying for the items I once again hurried towards my car, heading straight to my apartment complex.

The elevator ride up was excruciating, my mind could focus on just one thing. Myles, the pregnancy test, my new job. So much is happening and I just can't keep up.

Finally the ding from the elevator sounded, and I made my way towards my door.

***

Waiting for the results felt like an eternity. My hands were sweaty, and heart was thumping loudly in my chest.

Finally after five three minutes passed, it was time to check. First I turned the box over to look at what both results meant.

One line = Not pregnant

Two lines = Pregnant

I looked at the little white stick. My breath hitched when I saw two prominent pink lines.

I scrambled to take the other test.

Same result.

I'm pregnant.

Though I was currently freaking out. I couldn't help but feel a tad bit excited. I've always wanted to be a mom. I just expected it to be with my husband and not a football player I met at a bar.

Suddenly my thoughts drifted towards Myles. There's no way that he could be okay with this. He's a professional football player who is constantly traveling and hardly has time to eat, let alone care for a baby.

But I would be traveling as well. Now that I'm photographing his team.

Maybe this could work.

That is, if he wants it to work.

Just from the few times I've met Myles he seems like a good guy. But looks can be deceiving.

I guess I should call him.

Myles

I was just getting into my car, leaving practice, when I suddenly felt my phone vibrating in the pocket of my basketball shorts.

When I took it out a smile lit my face as I looked at the name.

Incoming call from...
Harper 🤤😏🍑

The emoticons just added to my already wide smile.

When I picked up the phone I answered,"Hey," with an overly chirpy voice. I quickly cough,"I mean, hey," I said with a deeper voice. My hand immediately palmed my face which was slowly turning red.

She chuckled quietly but I could still hear it.

All at once the tension became thick. It felt as if we were having an intimate conversation with someone else in the room.